The Student Room Group

McDonalds Interview TOMORROW!!

Hi guys,

Basically i have a Mcdonalds interview tomorrow and i am so nervous, im extremely shy and slightly socially awkward.

Im wearing black trousers and a blouse with a collar? Is that okay?
Also can you give me some suggested questions please? Also any advice as i dont think i can remember everything i need to remember about what im going to say?

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

How ridiculous.
Reply 2
They won't even interview you if you don't turn up fully booted and suited
Original post by ryandeceptacon
How ridiculous.

And where do you work?
Reply 4
Generally most interviews have the same standard setup
-what do you know about the company?
-tell me about yourself?
-where do you see yourself in say 5 years time?
-any holidays booked in the near future?
-any transport or time issues?
-why mcdonalds?
Etc etc

what you said you would wear would be fine just make sure you look smart and polish your shoes :smile: good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
Hi!

Unfortunately an interviewer is often as interested in how you are as a person as they are in your answers to their questions! I totally understand your shyness worries as I was so shy when I had my first job interview I thought they would never hire me - luckily they did! My top tips if you are shy are to make a conscious effort to smile (if you are nervous your face can start looking worried without you realising it), speak consciously a bit louder than your instinct tells you to (similarly when you are nervous you can start to speak quietly without realising it), and just come across as generally friendly (though this isn't as much of a problem as friendliness generally comes across even if you are shy).

In terms of questions, they will probably ask you:

- Customer service based questions - what do you think makes good customer service? How would you deal with a customer complaint?
- Scenario based questions - what would you do if...? You often can't prepare for these but if you don't know be honest and say that you would ask somebody what the policy was so you would know next time.
- Experience/suitability questions - why do you think you are suitable for the job? Have you had any other experience or training to do with food or customer service? Have you had previous activities where you have demonstrated teamwork, dealing with the public, reacting to situations, dealing with money, etc?
- Practical questions such as Availability - what days and times can you work, and Transport - how are you going to get to and from early shifts or late shifts?

To be honest for a lot of jobs at that level, once they invite you into interview they basically want to hire you off the basis of your application form but want to check that you are a normal, friendly approachable person who can work in a team and be professional.

So don't worry, smile, be honest rather than freaking out if you don't know what to say, ask the interviewer a question (if its a new McDonald's how long has it been open? What are the opening hours? How do they decide who cooks and who serves? What training opportunities are there?) and you will be fine! Good luck!
Original post by IceFlowerGirl
Hi guys,

Basically i have a Mcdonalds interview tomorrow and i am so nervous, im extremely shy and slightly socially awkward.

Im wearing black trousers and a blouse with a collar? Is that okay?
Also can you give me some suggested questions please? Also any advice as i dont think i can remember everything i need to remember about what im going to say?

Thank you

Hey, congratulations on securing an interview! I haven't worked for Mcdonalds before but ive had a quite a few interviews so I can share a few tips with you :smile:.
I imagine some of the questions will be like:

" Why do you want to work for Mcdonalds"
" Tell me about yourself"
"What are your strengths and weaknesses"

Im gonna copy and paste some stuff from my CV which i always mention in interviews:

I thrive in a customer based environment, having worked mostly in customer facing roles I understand the needs of the average customer and ensure I provide them with the best customer service possible.
Teamwork and leadership skills. Confident working with a group of people and getting my thoughts across. Able to fill the role of a team leader if possible.
Timekeeping. I am very punctual and keep myself organised.
Adapting to change. I can adapt very well to change in the work place. Being a quick learner and having the ability to absorb key information helps me stay on top of current events.

Good luck!!!
Reply 7
Thank you so much for your advice everyone, i feel so much more confident and i will take the advice on board, its my first ever interview so i wasn't sure, thank you everyone :smile:
Thank you so much for your advice everyone, i feel so much more confident and i will take the advice on board, its my first ever interview so i wasn't sure, thank you everyone :smile:

let us know how it goes :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by christopher23
let us know how it goes :smile:

Okay i will :smile: Thanks for the help
First of all, good luck! Don't worry too much about being shy. I'm really shy too, although I've had a job before which helped. The manager interviewing me commented that she could see how nervous I was, but I still got the job! As to questions, just be prepared for the standard interview questions eg why McDonalds, an example of when you've worked in a team/under pressure, that sort of thing. If you've got any other questions, I've been working there for a few months so feel free to message me or reply here and I should be able to help!
whats your favourite Mcdonalds meal?
Original post by Stripes23
First of all, good luck! Don't worry too much about being shy. I'm really shy too, although I've had a job before which helped. The manager interviewing me commented that she could see how nervous I was, but I still got the job! As to questions, just be prepared for the standard interview questions eg why McDonalds, an example of when you've worked in a team/under pressure, that sort of thing. If you've got any other questions, I've been working there for a few months so feel free to message me or reply here and I should be able to help!

So glad you know how it feels to be shy, thank you, i hope i can be more confident, thanks :smile:
Reply 13
just smile
[QUOTE='samTHE[real]man;44827346']whats your favourite Mcdonalds meal?

and why?
So glad you know how it feels to be shy, thank you, i hope i can be more confident, thanks :smile:

Yeah I definitely know how it feels. Having a job that made me speak to people really helped me get a bit more confident though so it may well do the same for you, especially if you get put on tills.
I realise this probably won't be the same for all stores but my interview for McDonald's was ridiculously laidback. My manager basically just said "you've already got the job anyway so this is pointless" and then proceeded to have a conversation with me about college and then told me about her degree because I was planning on doing the same one.
Don't take this to mean yours will be the same because our store can be quite laid-back, but just don't get too nervous about it. I'm assuming it's a student part-time job and they're going to know that - they won't be expecting you to come in in a suit with a folder of references lol.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
I've applied for various jobs for McDonald's and never heard anything back but i got a phone call this morning about an interview she asked me about the times i could work and asked me questions like 'why do you want to work for McDonald's' and 'what do you think happens at McDonald's' and asked me if i could do full time when i weren't in college. she then told me that my answers would be passed on to her manager and if i was successful i would be invited in to the store. I then received the email about coming in to the store to do an OJE and have another interview.

what do they ask? And what happens on the OJE?
Guys i got the job, thanks so much for the help, off for an orientation on Saturday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending