The Student Room Group

Guys: Do you ever notice how non-Western women treat you so much better?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr_Vain
I am mixed race , Chinese (Hong Kong) and German. I am not homogenous white, but, I really know what you mean. The middle class British women really seem to distrust men, I think hate is a bit of a strong word to use, and I think cynical and distrustful is more accurate. (I think 'I dislike house work is more accurate') Also boring in my experience, very boring and apathetic about most things.

I have always got on better with Russians, Eastern Europeans, Scandanavians, all Far Eastern/Asian, and Black Women. Basically, I have had more fulfilling encounters and relationships with every other nationality. I cannot comment on American women, honestly have not met many.

You haven't yet met the right british girl.
Original post by vendettax
I swear Polish, Russian, Chinese, South-East Asian etc women treat men so much better.

And white guys, do you ever notice how non-white women treat us much better? My black male friends also said non-black women treat them way better than black women do.

I swear middle-class white women actively despise white men. I've never heard a black or Asian woman complaining about "white, cisgender, hetero white male privilege", it's always white women. Yet white men are the ones who let their women create feminism and express it, they also are least likely to rape (compare European rape figures to Africa and Asia). You just can't win with them.

I think I'm going to get married to an East Asian, or mixed race female as they treat me 100x better.

Men only, express your experiences.

my husband said women, no matter what race, would treat someone based on how they are treated.

even if you do marry an east asian woman, what makes you think they'll be any nicer to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by SoftPunch
You haven't yet met the right british girl.

U.O.E.N.O
Original post by the mezzil
Says something about diversity in your unit

Considering that's what percentage of british people are white, that's hardly preposterous....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ConnorB
I was on holiday in Turkey, chilling by the pool, was the only English guy there, rest were Russians and Turks.

Old 70 ish year old gardner lady cleaning up the plants and cutting off the debris into a wheel-barrow, anyway gust of wind blows loads of the dead leaves out of the wheel barrow, the other guys just laugh, do nothing to help.

I help the lady pick up get like 6 giant leaves (took about 20 seconds), and her reaction is as if I just saved her baby!

She's so grateful for what I thought was a pretty standard thing.

Haa aww! Maybe that just says that you're a nice person, or that the guys sitting there were d*cks.

Surely you aren't saying all Turk and Russian chaps suck? :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IlexBlue
TSR talking **** about things they don't understand as if they're lifelong experts on the subject.

Again.

Not surprising considering the demographics of TSR to be honest, but yeah. I figure, at least if people like this continue posting a lot on the Internet, that saves us Asian women from having to actually deal with them so much. :rofl:
I hope you realise this is completely literally racism.
Original post by Sheldor
Considering that's what percentage of british people are white, that's hardly preposterous....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? At Manchester, I see a lot of people of various colours and creeds. I believe this is common across uni all over the country. What I am proposing is that feminist societies at universities are institutionally racist. As you say, they are mostly made up of white middle class females, hardly representative of the female university population.
(edited 10 years ago)
Really? At Manchester, I see a lot of people of various colours and creeds. I believe this is common across uni all over the country. What I am proposing is that feminist societies at universities are institutionally racist. As you say, they are mostly made up of white middle class females, hardly representative of the female university population.

I suppose it does depend on the university too-I live near a university town and 90% of the people are white, so I suppose here it wouldn't be weird to see any society or club (apart from the Afro Caribbean society...) that was 90% white. I've no experience of feminist societies in places with larger ethnic populations, so I can't really comment I suppose, just say that as a black person I've met and talked to many other black people who identify as feminists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
I suppose it does depend on the university too-I live near a university town and 90% of the people are white, so I suppose here it wouldn't be weird to see any society or club (apart from the Afro Caribbean society...) that was 90% white. I've no experience of feminist societies in places with larger ethnic populations, so I can't really comment I suppose, just say that as a black person I've met and talked to many other black people who identify as feminists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if you ever get the chance, go and look at the societies in big city universities. You will understand what I mean then by institutional racism. They are 90% white, female and middle class.
Well if you ever get the chance, go and look at the societies in big city universities. You will understand what I mean then by institutional racism. They are 90% white, female and middle class.

Is it institutional racism or coincidental lack of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
Is it institutional racism or coincidental lack of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Institutional racism.

Western women are not oppressed to the same extent as say... the Arabic world. If anything, Arabic women, along with Chinese, Indian, African women should be making up 90% of feminist societies, not the other way round.

That is why I have no sympathy at all for western feminists, whereas feminism in above named countries have my upmost respect and support. That is where women are being oppressed, not the suburbs of Chelsea and Hampstead.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 132
Original post by Alpha brah
Not surprising considering the demographics of TSR to be honest, but yeah. I figure, at least if people like this continue posting a lot on the Internet, that saves us Asian women from having to actually deal with them so much. :rofl:

The most hilarious thing is that they think that we're going to be even remotely bothered by their sudden warnings of "I'll go for the Asian women if you're not nice to me!!!" and assume that said women would actually want their passive-aggressive, sexist/ racist and socially inept ass. :lol:
Institutional racism.

Western women are not oppressed to the same extent as say... the Arabic world. If anything, Arabic women, along with Chinese, Indian, African women should be making up 90% of feminist societies, not the other way round.

That is why I have no sympathy at all for western feminists, whereas feminism in above named countries have my upmost respect and support. That is where women are being oppressed, not the suburbs of Chelsea and Hampstead.

But surely it isn't institutional racism if the ethnic minority people aren't being turned away from the societies or encouraged not to join? Just like it isn't institutional sexism that not as many women do Physics at university.

Also, I think it depends what the society is working against. If it's one of the colleges in the South (of the US) where football playing rapists often aren't prosecuted and the group is working against that, that's great! If it's a group of Chelsea white girls working towards fundraising for a charity which helps Saudi Arabian women facing domestic violence, great. Who cares what demographic is doing the work as long as someone is? You don't need a 90% African group of people to raise money for people in poverty there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134

University feminist societies are racist because they're primarily made up of white women? Okay.

Guess it is pretty weird... almost like we live in a predominantly white country or something.
The most hilarious thing is that they think that we're going to be even remotely bothered by their sudden warnings of "I'll go for the Asian women if you're not nice to me!!!" and assume that said women would actually want their passive-aggressive, sexist/ racist and socially inept ass. :lol:

I actually am an Asian girl (though I change gender on here sometimes for the lulz :tongue:), I certainly wouldn't date anyone who wanted me to be his submissive, abused little sex toy, fetishized me as being some weird overly feminine housewife thing due to my race and kept banging on about those Evil Liberated Feminists.

Any guy who seems to hate strong independent women - even if it isn't his cup of tea regarding who he dates - rings alarm bells in my head.
Reply 136
no, women treat me fine. but I suppose that is because I am not a dick.
Original post by vendettax
I swear Polish, Russian, Chinese, South-East Asian etc women treat men so much better.

And white guys, do you ever notice how non-white women treat us much better? My black male friends also said non-black women treat them way better than black women do.

I swear middle-class white women actively despise white men. I've never heard a black or Asian woman complaining about "white, cisgender, hetero white male privilege", it's always white women. Yet white men are the ones who let their women create feminism and express it, they also are least likely to rape (compare European rape figures to Africa and Asia). You just can't win with them.

I think I'm going to get married to an East Asian, or mixed race female as they treat me 100x better.

Men only, express your experiences.

What exactly are you trying to say with this sentence?
Original post by Sheldor
But surely it isn't institutional racism if the ethnic minority people aren't being turned away from the societies or encouraged not to join? Just like it isn't institutional sexism that not as many women do Physics at university.

Also, I think it depends what the society is working against. If it's one of the colleges in the South (of the US) where football playing rapists often aren't prosecuted and the group is working against that, that's great! If it's a group of Chelsea white girls working towards fundraising for a charity which helps Saudi Arabian women facing domestic violence, great. Who cares what demographic is doing the work as long as someone is? You don't need a 90% African group of people to raise money for people in poverty there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you put as much effort into combatting AIDS and child marriages, rather than trying to ban songs and the exposure of flesh in a newspaper, we might actually be getting somewhere. But we aren't.

I think the demographic does matter, its called diversity.
University feminist societies are racist because they're primarily made up of white women? Okay.

Guess it is pretty weird... almost like we live in a predominantly white country or something.

Universities are not made up primarily of white, middle class females. Or am I blind?

Quick Reply

Latest