The Student Room Group

Podiatry 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You have applied to exactly the same unis as me haha . Yea Hudds were pretty quick getting back to me too. Northampton offered me an interview the same day as Hudds so I had to reschedule so its now the 7th of feb. rejected from Plymouth which was my last choice anyway, and got a rejection from southampton yesterday. Still not heard from Salford yet. I am so nervous about the interview because I really want huddersfield. Have you been able to get over to see it? I'm from Liverpool so not too far for me, my names Olivia btw :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Caoimhex
Yes I am from Ireland however I would have thought I would be expected to travel for the interview but I got an email today to say that they have an interview scheduled for me via Skype at 15:30 on the 24th of January! I haven't heard from any other unis yet as I only sent off my application yesterday, I was shocked I got such a quick response from Hudds, however I applied to Southampton, Salford, Northampton and Plymouth too, so hopefully I will get other interviews :smile: Goodluck on the 24th :biggrin:

That was considerate of them not making you travel over. Have you managed to get over to look at the uni at all? I'm Liverpool so not too far, my name is Olivia btw. So far I've got interviews for Hudds and Northampton, rejections from southampton and Plymouth and still not heard from Salford. Sooo nervousness for this interview as Huddersfield is my first choice
Reply 22
Original post by Edna94
That was considerate of them not making you travel over. Have you managed to get over to look at the uni at all? I'm Liverpool so not too far, my name is Olivia btw. So far I've got interviews for Hudds and Northampton, rejections from southampton and Plymouth and still not heard from Salford. Sooo nervousness for this interview as Huddersfield is my first choice

Extremely considerate I was very surprised as any of my friends that have applied to UK uni's have been asked to travel for interviews. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to look at the uni yet however from what I can see online it looks great and I hope to get over to visit the uni over easter. Well done for getting both interviews, I wish you the best of luck with both of them! I am very nervous for this interview as well as I think I would like to go to Huddersfield the most out of the 5 colleges! My name is Caoimhe, it is an irish name so it is pronounced ( Cweva or queva).
Reply 23
The only open days I have been to are Salford and Huddersfield, I liked Salford, absolutely loved Huddersfield. Lovely campus and easy to get around. Everyone was friendly and there are accommodations just across the road, storthes hall park is a bit of a trek being a 20 min bus ride away. The subject talk was really good and the third year students that helped show us around talked about how much student support they get. It really is a nice uni, and you can walk into town for the nightlife and shopping. Plus Leeds and Manchester are just a short train ride away :smile: where in Ireland are you?
Reply 24
I have a friend doing radiography in Salford and she absolutely loves it, however I really like the look of Huddersfield! This is probably a stupid question now but do you know if the nightlife is supposed to be good and have they got good shops! (typical girl question) I love the fact it is walking distance it is so handy! Yes I looked at the accommodation Storthes looks lovely but very far out! I am in Waterford in Ireland and just incase you haven't heard of there it is very near Cork! :smile:
Reply 25
I looked into it to see what it was like. Nightlife isn't amazing but there's different clubs and bars all close to one another. I imagine people go to Leeds for a big night out which is 20 mins by train. You drive past the shops on your way to the uni, I did see a next so they should have a lot of the high street stores too. Have a look at Unite accommodation. There is a place across from the uni called snow island and they have just opened another called saw mill. There is also apsley hall and firth point, take a look at those too. I like the sound of the atmosphere at storthes but I really don't fancy the travelling. I would much prefer the convenience of popping over to the library or the gym and be within walking distance of the town centre. Ahhh my friends and I spoke to some lads from cork last year who were over for a liverpool match :smile:
Reply 26
I tried to look into the nightlife online but it is hard to tell what it is like! Yes I heard Leeds is meant to be amazing for big nights! In relation to the shopping I just found this which looks pretty good http://www.kingsgateshoppingcentre.co.uk/shops.htm all the main high street shops! Just looking at accommodation now Storthes looks does look very good for the atmosphere but like yourself I too would rather being able to pop to the gym or library without too much hassle, I'll check out the rest of the accommodation now! Thanks for all your help :biggrin:
Reply 27
Anyone got an interview at Northampton tomorrow? So nervous!
Reply 28
Haven't heard back from Northampton yet but I only sent my application off the other day! Goodluck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Thank you. It didn't take them very long to get back to me, so hopefully you should hear something soon :smile:.
Reply 30
I tried to look into the nightlife online but it is hard to tell what it is like! Yes I heard Leeds is meant to be amazing for big nights! In relation to the shopping I just found this which looks pretty good http://www.kingsgateshoppingcentre.co.uk/shops.htm all the main high street shops! Just looking at accommodation now Storthes looks does look very good for the atmosphere but like yourself I too would rather being able to pop to the gym or library without too much hassle, I'll check out the rest of the accommodation now! Thanks for all your help :biggrin:

Thanks for the link. Looks like there are some decent shops. I remember seeing next on the corner, the uni is just down the road from there, love how everywhere is within walking distance :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by pinski1
Thank you. It didn't take them very long to get back to me, so hopefully you should hear something soon :smile:.

Good luck with your interview, let us know how it goes. I've got one on the 7th of feb.
Reply 32
Has anyone that's applied to Salford heard anything yet?
Reply 33
Goodluck today! Let us know how you got on!!! Have either of you done work shadowing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Goodluck today! Let us know how you got on!!! Have either of you done work shadowing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was lucky enough to shadow 2 podiatrists and also observe a diabetic foot clinic at my local hospital and it really made my mind up that podiatry was what I wanted to do. I know a lot of people have difficulty getting some work experience, did you manage to get any?
Reply 35
I have only been lucky enough to shadow one podiatrist however he has been amazing, luckily he also runs a diabetic foot clinic one day a week which i was able to observe, I also managed to shadow a
Chiropodist who is a friend of my moms! I too
found it difficult to get work experience the HSE ( Irish equivalent to the NHS ) do not allow work shadowing so my work shadowing was done at private practices!
Reply 36
Original post by Edna94
Has anyone that's applied to Salford heard anything yet?

Haven't heard a thing from Salford.
Reply 37
Original post by Edna94
Good luck with your interview, let us know how it goes. I've got one on the 7th of feb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was really chilled, nothing to worry about! I got work experience with a local private podiatrist and was lucky enough to shadow several podiatrists in the NHS.
Reply 38
Original post by pinski1
It was really chilled, nothing to worry about! I got work experience with a local private podiatrist and was lucky enough to shadow several podiatrists in the NHS.

Oh that's good. How long did everything take? What was the tour and facilities like? How many we're at interview today? Did you see any accommodation and did they say how long you will have to wait for a decision? So sorry to bombard you with questions haha. Good to hear it went well for you :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Edna94
Oh that's good. How long did everything take? What was the tour and facilities like? How many we're at interview today? Did you see any accommodation and did they say how long you will have to wait for a decision? So sorry to bombard you with questions haha. Good to hear it went well for you :smile:

Haha it's fine :smile:. We had two tours, which included accommodation. I thought the clinical facilities were really good! The whole day was about four hours and there was 9 of us being interviewed. They said they would try and get back with a decision asap.

Quick Reply

Latest