The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

I'm looking at studying Podiatry as a second degree, is it still classed as an exempt subject? So am I likely to get funding from student finance?
Original post by Leahwhite85
I'm looking at studying Podiatry as a second degree, is it still classed as an exempt subject? So am I likely to get funding from student finance?

Hi there, What was your previous degree course? Are you looking to study this as full or part time? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, What was your previous degree course? Are you looking to study this as full or part time? Thanks, Angela

Hi Angela,

Previously I did accounting and financial management, I've already got a place on a podiatry course which is full time.

Hi there, What university would this be at? What was your previous degree gained in? Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, What university would this be at? What was your previous degree gained in? Thanks, Angela

I've been offered a place at Plymouth uni. I previously attended Gloucestershire uni and got a ba (Hons) accounting and financial management.
I've been offered a place at Plymouth uni. I previously attended Gloucestershire uni and got a ba (Hons) accounting and financial management.

Hi Leah,

Thanks, Podiatry is an exception course, so you should be entitled to funding for this. This means you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans, plus grants if applicable.

To know for sure we'll need you to make an application. Last of all, do you know when this course will begin?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Leah,

Thanks, Podiatry is an exception course, so you should be entitled to funding for this. This means you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans, plus grants if applicable.

To know for sure we'll need you to make an application. Last of all, do you know when this course will begin?

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you Graeme, my application is already in I'm just waiting on a decision and my course starts Monday which is why I was starting to worry!
Thank you Graeme, my application is already in I'm just waiting on a decision and my course starts Monday which is why I was starting to worry!

That's no problem, we'd recommend making an application online now, even if you don't have a confirmed place yet. That way we can tell you exactly what you're entitled to.

You can also cancel the application later if your plans change.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending