The Student Room Group

Is it wrong to be looking for a GF while already having one?

I just think I'm selling myself short and can do better than my current one but I still want regular sex so I don't want to end it unless I have something else lined up. I know it sounds bad but deep down isn't this what everyone does?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's unfair... You should only be with someone if you know you like them more than anyone else
If you're not committed to the relationship you're in end it instead of stringing her along. Its really unfair to her that she's living a lie because you're a selfish prat.
Reply 3
It's fine. Think of it like your UCAS insurance offer.
Jeeze don't be a jerk break up with her. Her she probably really really likes you. She doesn't deserve this.
Reply 5
If you're in a relationship, you have to give it your all. It's deeply unfair on your current partner if you're not willing to fully commit and actively seeking another relationship.
Reply 6
Original post by Just Another Girly
Jeeze don't be a jerk break up with her. Her she probably really really likes you. She doesn't deserve this.

Maybe she's aware he's a **** and is playing the same game?
Original post by Le Nombre
Maybe she's aware he's a **** and is playing the same game?

What are the chances of that happening?
Original post by Clip
It's fine. Think of it like your UCAS insurance offer.

Loool
Reply 9
Original post by Just Another Girly
What are the chances of that happening?

Givenn OP seems to be a pretty collosal bell, which is difficult to disguuise for long periods, probably not bad.
(edited 10 years ago)
Just end it, or ask her if she wants to be friends with benefits until you find a new girlfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
That seems kind of unfair for your current girlfriend because you're pretty much just using her for sex.

Just break up with her and get over the lack of sex.
Original post by Le Nombre
Givenn OP sometimes to be a pretty collosal bell, which is difficult to disguuise for long periods, probably not bad.

Then they should break up . Like seriously would that even be a relationship or more fwb?
That's not very nice :s-smilie: if you don't like her anymore then just end it. That way you can find a new girlfriend. Staying with someone until 'someone better' comes along is just mean. Is wasting her time.
Contingency planning is never wrong, hope for the best prepare for the worst :groovy:
Spot on!
What makes you think you're 'selling yourself short'?
Don't be an ass and break up with her it's unfair doing that and if you really can't deal without sex then use you hand for a tactical tommy and stop thinking with your penis, there's more to life than sex!
OP stop being a dick to this girl - she deserves better. You should drop this now.
Is It just me or is there a huge wave of threads like this appearing?

I

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending