The Student Room Group

Ladies of TSR - Please Help! (Relationship)

- Met girl 1 month ago (were both 24 years old)
- We've been on 3 dates; everything has gone literally perfect
- Last week she flew back home to Vienna for the holidays (for 3 weeks); we both said to each other that'll we'll miss each other. And she told me to plan us a day out for when she's back.
- Saturday night, she was being super nice, asking me to visit her in Vienna etc.
- Sunday we exchanged a few normal messages..then since Sunday night she has not replied to my last message, for no reason at all (but I know she's been talking to other people..)

Can you ladies rationalise this for me? It's driving me mad :frown: :frown:

Should I:
- Not message her, until she messages me?
- Message her, ask her to skype me and then ask what the **** is going on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not message her, until she messages me

This way, whatever reason for her lack of response, you will demonstrate that she isn't
controlling you in any way and that you have other options and she isn't the centre of your universe

It's always better not to chase people

If they like you enough they will be in touch
Reply 2
She might just be very busy, with it being Christmas and she is with family :smile:

Ask her if everything is ok maybe and wish her a merry Christmas (then wait for her to reply- Don't keep messaging her over and over) :smile:
Yeah she could be very busy abroad with Xmas etc but then again if she has time to talk to other people , she should have time to talk to you if she likes you a lot.

I wouldn't rush to send her a message, it's only been two days, wait a week.
Reply 4
Original post by aeon439
Not message her, until she messages me

This way, whatever reason for her lack of response, you will demonstrate that she isn't
controlling you in any way
and that you have other options and she isn't the centre of your universe

It's always better not to chase people

If they like you enough they will be in touch

Thank you. This is great advice..you're probably right; particularly the part in bold.

I just wish I knew why...because I've treated her literally like a princess, since the day we met. Sucks to have it thrown back in your face. :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you. This is great advice..you're probably right; particularly the part in bold.

I just wish I knew why...because I've treated her literally like a princess, since the day we met. Sucks to have it thrown back in your face. :frown:

There's your problem - treating her like a princess

If you put in more effort than the other person you will get taken for a mug usually
Reply 6
Original post by beckyb96
She might just be very busy, with it being Christmas and she is with family :smile:

Ask her if everything is ok maybe and wish her a merry Christmas (then wait for her to reply- Don't keep messaging her over and over) :smile:

Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Yeah she could be very busy abroad with Xmas etc but then again if she has time to talk to other people , she should have time to talk to you if she likes you a lot.

I wouldn't rush to send her a message, it's only been two days, wait a week.

She doesn't celebrate christmas. She's been on facebook/whatsapp loads. I'm not a fool.

And yeah..FlavaFavourFruit I think you're right. But what if she messages me in a weeks time, and pretends as if everything is okay?
Reply 7
Just wait for her to message you back.
Reply 8
Original post by aeon439
There's your problem - treating her like a princess

If you put in more effort than the other person you will get taken for a mug usually

Good point. Lesson learnt, for sure.
She doesn't celebrate christmas. She's been on facebook/whatsapp loads. I'm not a fool.

And yeah..FlavaFavourFruit I think you're right. But what if she messages me in a weeks time, and pretends as if everything is okay?

Hmmm well you could ask her in a non-confrontational way, why she wasn't able to speak to you last week but as long as the signs are good, relax.

She also could be one of those people who need their personal space and just needs a day break or 2 to talk to someone else..I'm one of those people.
Reply 10

Then you tell her that everything is not okay :colonhash:
Reply 11
Good point. Lesson learnt, for sure.

he's talking crap, there's nothing wrong with treating a girl as best as you can, you should, and the favour should be returned :smile: i think you should just wait for her to message back, play it cool, there could be a bunch of reasons why she hasn't replied, something important could have came up, i'm sure everything will be fine, just relax!
Reply 12
Original post by Salmaa!
he's talking crap, there's nothing wrong with treating a girl as best as you can, you should, and the favour should be returned :smile: i think you should just wait for her to message back, play it cool, there could be a bunch of reasons why she hasn't replied, something important could have came up, i'm sure everything will be fine, just relax!

I'm female
Wait for a bit, maybe she's busy. if she hasnt replied for about a week, message her again.
Reply 14
Original post by bluebubblegum
Wait for a bit, maybe she's busy. if she hasnt replied for about a week, message her again.

She's not busy. I've made about 90% of the communication/talking effort so far. I'm not doing it again, or i'll just be taken for a fool.
She's not busy. I've made about 90% of the communication/talking effort so far. I'm not doing it again, or i'll just be taken for a fool.

Fair enough. If that is so, you should get the picture if she doesn't respond
Reply 16
Original post by bluebubblegum
Fair enough. If that is so, you should get the picture if she doesn't respond

If he stops messaging her that is giving up? why give up?

Keep trying send message again and again?

Why give up ?
Reply 17

So you've been doing all the work? that's hardly fair when you've been treating her so well. Don't message again then. It's not giving up, just giving her the opportunity to reply back, if she is really into you.
Reply 18
So you've been doing all the work? that's hardly fair when you've been treating her so well. Don't message again then. It's not giving up, just giving her the opportunity to reply back, if she is really into you.

Maybe message her your mobile number

for example

'hi, you wont reply back maybe you are busy, please I will give you my mobile number and lets chat when you are not busy x'
Reply 19

Done most the work/chasing (naturally, as im the guy..). I've done what I can..balls in her court I guess.

QUOTE=shadow001;45669094]Maybe message her your mobile number. for example

'hi, you wont reply back maybe you are busy, please I will give you my mobile number and lets chat when you are not busy x'

Maybe if I was 18, man :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending