The Student Room Group

adult nursing pre interview maths & english tests

Hi can anyone shed any light on whats included in the maths & english tests you have to do at interview for adult nursing?? im awful at maths and really want to know what to brush up on! Ive applied for LJMU, EDGE HILL, CHESTER, MANCHESTER & UCLAN any info at all will be helpful. Thanks in advance : )
Reply 1
google 'nursing numeracy tests' and a lot of uni's come up with sample papers.
Reply 2
thanks ill try that
Reply 3
Original post by tloulou07
Hi can anyone shed any light on whats included in the maths & english tests you have to do at interview for adult nursing?? im awful at maths and really want to know what to brush up on! Ive applied for LJMU, EDGE HILL, CHESTER, MANCHESTER & UCLAN any info at all will be helpful. Thanks in advance : )

I had an interview at Leeds a couple of months ago and the test was purely about medication calculations, I think each uni is different so try to google a few different tests. Good luck!!
Reply 4
I have also applied for John Moores, Edge Hill, Chester and Manchester (uni of).
I have my John Moores interview a week today, I had my Edge hill interview almost a month ago, heard nothing from Chester yet and had my Manchester interview today.

For Edge Hill:
We were in for the morning (well, depending on when your interview is - they run up until 1pm). We just sat in a lecture theatre, gave our qualification photocopies & ID in and then began with the maths & english test. The maths was pretty simple to be honest - I'm absolutely crap at it. It was just things like converting micrograms to milligrams, milliliters to litres, fractions and simple adding/multiplying/subtracting/dividing. The English was also very easy with 3 parts to it- part 1) multiple choice, part 2) 3 simple answers about the article you have just, read part 3) an essay. Then you go and wait for your interview and they are really nice and try to calm you down as much as possible! It's a really easy day.

For Uni of Manchester (i hope that is where you mean haha):
I didn't like my day. You have an hour long introduction which is pretty useful but still horribly boring and my stomach was grumbling all the way through haha. You then have an English test which is easy - make sure you read up on the nursing/health news beforehand as a question is based on this. Next is the hour long maths test which I found pretty difficult to be honest. It is on www.snap.nhs.uk so you can go on that and do a lot of practice beforehand (which I did, but still found it hard. I sat there like :confused: on 1 or 2 questions). Then you have a lunch break and at around 1:25pm you go for your interview/paperwork and DBS check. The interviews are nice. They are group and the assessors make you feel really comfortable and I had a really nice group. Then you go home!

Good luck :biggrin: just remember to be yourself because at the end of the day that's what they are looking for!
Reply 5
waaaah! :biggrin: I have an interview in LJMU too..! :biggrin: yours is on Jan 15 too right? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by tloulou07

Hi been for an interview a UCLAN and the maths text was really easy plus you can use a calculator. Just make sure you know how to change litres to ml.
Reply 7
Original post by izzy22
Hi been for an interview a UCLAN and the maths text was really easy plus you can use a calculator. Just make sure you know how to change litres to ml.

Thanks so much and good luck
Reply 8
Thanks all. My interview at ljmu is feb 11th

Quick Reply

Latest