The Student Room Group

Weather disrupting exams

I guess there is no real advice here to give but I guess I just need talking down.
Getting pretty stressed as I commute to Uni and I have exams coming up.
Worried that I am going to have to put together all kinds of crazy travel arrangements because I won't be able to get my train in. Seriously stressing and really didn't want this before my exams !! Ahhh rant over :/
Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla
I guess there is no real advice here to give but I guess I just need talking down.
Getting pretty stressed as I commute to Uni and I have exams coming up.
Worried that I am going to have to put together all kinds of crazy travel arrangements because I won't be able to get my train in. Seriously stressing and really didn't want this before my exams !! Ahhh rant over :/

I really sympathize - I had two AS exams last year on the heaviest snow day of the year. But everyone did figure out a way to make it in the end, so hopefully you will two :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bluebell_flames
I really sympathize - I had two AS exams last year on the heaviest snow day of the year. But everyone did figure out a way to make it in the end, so hopefully you will two :smile:

Thankyou. Your understanding means a lot :') yeahh the problem is keeping a constant eye on the weather then maybe having to stay overnight in a B&B there to avoid travelling the morning of the exam.
Just unnecessary stress at the end of it all though which is what is getting me kinda het up I guess. But thankyou for your support :') was it hard for you to get to your exams?
Thankyou. Your understanding means a lot :') yeahh the problem is keeping a constant eye on the weather then maybe having to stay overnight in a B&B there to avoid travelling the morning of the exam.
Just unnecessary stress at the end of it all though which is what is getting me kinda het up I guess. But thankyou for your support :') was it hard for you to get to your exams?

No worries :smile:

I was the same! I was so so stressed that evening, and kept on worrying about how I should be doing last minute revision rather than stressing out about logistics... In the end, I got there relatively easily, although the roads were quite dangerous, but I did have to stay overnight at my grandparents, who lived closer to my school (plus, I live on a hill...)

Anyway, best of luck with your exam, and hopefully you won't have too much trouble getting there! :smile:
For one of my morning A-level exams it was snowing, the buses weren't running but there was no notification about it or anything. After awhile me and a friend realised the buses weren't gonna show and we had to pretty much sprint to sixth form up a massive ice and snow covered hill. Let's just say we turned up to the exam juuust as people were going in, with red faces and a few bruises to show for our journey :p:

It's funny now but my god it was probably the most stressed I've ever been in my life.

Seriously I'd allow double or triple the journey time tbh, you might be able to get a taxi if trains aren't running.
Reply 5
Original post by bluebell_flames
No worries :smile:

I was the same! I was so so stressed that evening, and kept on worrying about how I should be doing last minute revision rather than stressing out about logistics... In the end, I got there relatively easily, although the roads were quite dangerous, but I did have to stay overnight at my grandparents, who lived closer to my school (plus, I live on a hill...)

Anyway, best of luck with your exam, and hopefully you won't have too much trouble getting there! :smile:

Awhh well I'm glad it worked out in the end :smile: thankyou and good luck with any exams you have coming up too! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by discomposure
For one of my morning A-level exams it was snowing, the buses weren't running but there was no notification about it or anything. After awhile me and a friend realised the buses weren't gonna show and we had to pretty much sprint to sixth form up a massive ice and snow covered hill. Let's just say we turned up to the exam juuust as people were going in, with red faces and a few bruises to show for our journey :p:

It's funny now but my god it was probably the most stressed I've ever been in my life.

Seriously I'd allow double or triple the journey time tbh, you might be able to get a taxi if trains aren't running.

Oh dear that sounds like unnecessary stress but what dedication! Hats off to you! :smile:
Yeahh I'm getting an earlier train in just to be on the safe side :smile: ty for the tip :biggrin:
Oh dear that sounds like unnecessary stress but what dedication! Hats off to you! :smile:
Yeahh I'm getting an earlier train in just to be on the safe side :smile: ty for the tip :biggrin:

Aha oh it was, luckily it wasn't too long a journey :p:
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending