The Student Room Group

Advice on potentially changing Uni and course?

I'm in my first year at Birmingham City university doing an English course and I'm not enjoying any aspect of it whatsoever.
I don't enjoy the course modules, the work or my accommodation.
I was wondering if anyone could help with advice as to what to do??
I would ideally like to change university and course, to something more enjoyable and suited to my chosen career(something in scriptwriting or tv production) as this course was only chosen through clearing. I got bad results ( E D D) and panicked and chose the first university that would take me.

I don't know what to do now. I will have to stay for this whole year (as my accom. contract is for the whole year) but then I'd like to move on.

Any help or ideas?
Original post by Av_browns12
I'm in my first year at Birmingham City university doing an English course and I'm not enjoying any aspect of it whatsoever.
I would ideally like to change university and course, to something more enjoyable and suited to my chosen career(something in scriptwriting or tv production) as this course was only chosen through clearing. I got bad results ( E D D) and panicked and chose the first university that would take me.

I don't know what to do now. I will have to stay for this whole year (as my accom. contract is for the whole year) but then I'd like to move on.

Any help or ideas?

Moving this to University Life :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Av_browns12

Any help or ideas?

You need to get emailing some university admissions depts, telling them your A-Level grades and degree marks so far. Try and do your best this year because some universities might overlook your A-Level results if you can get a 2:1 or higher in your first year however others won't. So get emailing and see which places will take you, then you'll most likely need to make a new ucas application and apply again, for first year again as you'll be doing a different course.
And the best way to do this is to transfer at the end of your first year - that way you have proof of your Uni level abilities and achievements.

And read the opening thread here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending