The Student Room Group

Dont feel thirst...

I don't think i've ever felt thirsty. I can go 3 or 4 days and go whoopsy ive forgitten to drink again, with no ill symptoms I onky recognise cognitively that ive not had a drink and that I might get dehydrated. No need to actually drink. Ever.

The only time I drink is when I have a bad taste in my mouth, need to cool down, want to try a flavour of drink or when I remind myself.

Found out today peoplea thirst is apparently a dry mouth or burning throat or whatever, never had this.

I also only go to the toilet twice a day and my urine is very dark which of course shows dehydration.

Any reason id be dehydrated but can never remember feeling thirst?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say just drink water anyway. Maybe you just don't recognise the thirst as you are used to it?
have your kidney looked at please. you might get k-stones soon.
Reply 4
not sheriff srs
I'm pretty similar.

I only really get thirsty when I exercise/ do sport.

I remember when I was younger and people would be rushing for a drink at break or lunch I could never understand.

I know to drink, so I always keep a bottle of water around me.
Reply 6
Original post by Obiejess
I don't think i've ever felt thirsty. I can go 3 or 4 days and go whoopsy ive forgitten to drink again, with no ill symptoms I onky recognise cognitively that ive not had a drink and that I might get dehydrated. No need to actually drink. Ever.

The only time I drink is when I have a bad taste in my mouth, need to cool down, want to try a flavour of drink or when I remind myself.

Found out today peoplea thirst is apparently a dry mouth or burning throat or whatever, never had this.

I also only go to the toilet twice a day and my urine is very dark which of course shows dehydration.

Any reason id be dehydrated but can never remember feeling thirst?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm exactly the same, I never feel thirsty and only drink when I really have to. I've been told that the main reason I do not feel thirsty is that I have a high water level in my body, so I don't have to drink as often,

Maybe you're the same?
Reply 7
i am the same, dont really get thirsty at all, but, i heard that some people can mistake hunger for thirst, dont know if its true or not, but still,
i just allways make sure i have a mug of water by me whenever i can really, and everntually just got used to taking the occasional sip, helped me,

Quick Reply

Latest