The Student Room Group

The A-Level decision...

So basically I'm in sixth form year 12 currently doing Maths, Physics, Geography and DT... I was meant to do Art but my sixth form didn't have enough pupil for the course to run so I decided to move to DT. So now I am having a dilema on whether I should drop DT and pick up Art and stay for another year to complete it... So can anyone help me if that would be a wise decision since I want to do architecture in uni but the uni's I've looked at need art... :/ also will I be able to take a gap year and get art A level done if possible? Please help, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Architecture is one of the most competitive courses on offer at Uni.You will need to have high grades in required subjects and a top portfolio. Without Art you will not stand a chance and the more 'technical subjects' (physics, DT, Maths) you can offer the better so dropping DT for Art is not a good idea. You will also need some relevant work experience or work shadowing in an Architects office or similar so a year doing the extra A level subject would also give you the chance to do that.

See http://www.architecture.com/EducationAndCareers/BecomingAnArchitect/BecomingAnArchitect.aspx#.UvUSgPl_uSo
Reply 2
A friend of mine got 4 out of 5 offers for architecture with maths, physics and business :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending