The Student Room Group

which University should i firm between these two..?

I have received all of my 5 offers and now need to decide which two to pick.
The two that I am torn between are University of Edinburgh and University of Glasgow.
I only need BBB for Edinburgh to study Economic and Social History but need AAB for Glasgow to study Economics and Sociology.
I think I would enjoy both courses and I really like both of the cities so I cannot decide which one to firm??
Edinburgh is obviously slightly more prestigious than Glasgow, however they're both close on the league tables and also I'm not sure which course out of them would be better for career prospects ect ?
Another thing is I'm an English student therefore if i go to Edinburgh i'm looking at 36k tuition fees whereas Glasgow only ask for 27k. Is the extra debt worth it ?
:confused::confused::confused:
Edinburgh man, great study abroad opportunities, buzzing capital city, have offered you super low grades so they clearly want you loads, super prestigious, feels like you're harry potter while there, never heard someone say they have a bad time there,

honestly I don't know a lot about Glasgow but those are the reasons why I decided to apply to Edinburgh and man they have given you a low offer! I'd take it if I were in your position, but I'd say you should visit them both (if you haven't already) and see which one 'feels' better, also pm some tsr members doing your courses at those unis and see what they say the pros and cons are :smile:

good luck! congrats on such great offers!
The course is the most important thing. At Edinburgh, you will be studying history, with an emphasis on the economic and social aspects of history. At Glasgow, you'll be studying economics, which is very maths based, plus human social behaviour and society, but no history. Which appeals to you more?

League tables are of very limited value by the way - read this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1096372
If you are torn then please don't firm ANY university yet. UCAS create so much time in the process because once you pock it is difficult to change your mind.

You have over 2 months to decide this - use that time wisely. Visit both cities again to get a feel for the life/social environment, talk to current students on your chosen courses about the (very different) subject matter, think through what interests you, motivates you, keeps you happy. ... Then decide which choice is right for you.
I'd choose Edinburgh.
What do you want to study History or Economics?
What course do you actually want to study? You have ages to make up your mind yet, so have a long think about it.
Reply 7
Definitely Edinburgh! I'm from Glasgow and the university here really is amazing but Edinburgh is just unrivaled (in Scotland at least). I'd imagine you'd have much better career prospects with a University of Edinburgh degree anyway since it's recognised as highly prestigious not just in the UK, but internationally too. Edinburgh for the win I'd say. :smile:
Original post by pythagorean
I have received all of my 5 offers and now need to decide which two to pick.
The two that I am torn between are University of Edinburgh and University of Glasgow.
I only need BBB for Edinburgh to study Economic and Social History but need AAB for Glasgow to study Economics and Sociology.
I think I would enjoy both courses and I really like both of the cities so I cannot decide which one to firm??
Edinburgh is obviously slightly more prestigious than Glasgow, however they're both close on the league tables and also I'm not sure which course out of them would be better for career prospects ect ?
Another thing is I'm an English student therefore if i go to Edinburgh i'm looking at 36k tuition fees whereas Glasgow only ask for 27k. Is the extra debt worth it ?
:confused::confused::confused:

If you were to quickly think about it, does one option pop into your mind first? Have you compared the modules?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending