The Student Room Group

Thoughts on tall girls?

Scroll to see replies

If a guy is superficial enough to care about your height, you shouldn't be with them anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Depends how tall we're talking about. I'd prefer to be the taller one in the relationship, otherwise it'd just look odd. Though if I had to pick out of the extremes, I'd prefer a taller girl over a stumpy short girl.
Reply 22
Then why not ask this girl out lol
Original post by Canttellyou
If a guy is superficial enough to care about your height, you shouldn't be with them anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are delusional.

I do not decide to date a girl because of height but it is one of the factors, like everything else (personality, interested, looks etc.)

I, also, will point out that most girls prefer guys that are taller than them. My girlfriend does. I prefer girls that are shorter than me. I like to be able to hug my girlfriend with her head resting on my chest and shoulder. Does this render me superficial?
Reply 24
Original post by Authenticmg
I don't mind it whatsoever ^-^. I think a guy would have to be quite insecure to be bothered about it.

Maybe, but I guess everyone has a preference...
I probably might have to stop wearing heels though. :frown:
Reply 25
Tall girls are hot! I'm 6ft 3'' and I really wouldn't care how tall you were just as long as you were shorter than me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I agree with MrKingPenguin!

Original post by arkhamz
Depends how tall we're talking about. I'd prefer to be the taller one in the relationship, otherwise it'd just look odd. Though if I had to pick out of the extremes, I'd prefer a taller girl over a stumpy short girl.

See that makes sense, it's what most guys want and what most girls want. Tall guy, short girl. But then the tall girls perhaps just stay there, unless they want a short guy, but not many people are comfortable with that.

Original post by Salmon22
6ft 7in here. Tall girls are the best!

Hi thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :wink:
Original post by iHateLaw
I'm personally 6'1 at 18, and I have never been in a relationship. Also I sometimes wear 3 inch heels, because they make my legs look nicer... I can't help it.

Everyone I do like (but never ever ever tell) always says 'if only you were a tad shorter' even though they're probably an inch or two taller than me.
What are your thoughts on taller girls? Would you ever?

All the more legs to get inbetween :sexface: im just about 6 feet but tbh if I find you attractive and we have chemistry I would forget about it rather quickly.
Reply 28
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
All the more legs to get inbetween :sexface: im just about 6 feet but tbh if I find you attractive and we have chemistry I would forget about it rather quickly.

Hahaha :lol: this is a great point, there has to be chemistry and attraction!
Reply 29
I'm not bothered within reason, but it tends to be the other way (ie. a tall girl not being attracted to somebody shorter).
Reply 30
I wish I was that height
Reply 31
The height of a girl doesn't worry me but then I'm close to 6ft 6 so even if the OP had heels I'd still be taller :tongue:
Reply 32
Original post by ThePoster
I'm not bothered within reason, but it tends to be the other way (ie. a tall girl not being attracted to somebody shorter).

I have to disagree there, I've had plenty of guys who like my personality but would never go out with me or anything because of my height, and they're not afraid to say it either. "If you were shorter, or if I were taller, I'd so ask you out" (whether or not I like them in that way isn't that relevant since I know I'd probably be knocked down once again because of my height. Happens all the time)

Also, the whole bending over for a hug with a guy you're going out with? I'm already 6'1, I'd rather not have some kind of spinal problem..? I'm probably bad or whatever for saying this, but I'd prefer someone who was my height, or an inch or two taller. I wouldn't want either of us to break our necks or toes because we're straining for a kiss.

Probably just me .____.
Gimme a few inches, thanks. :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Josh_B
The height of a girl doesn't worry me but then I'm close to 6ft 6 so even if the OP had heels I'd still be taller :tongue:

Oh but that is lovely :h:
Reply 35
Original post by ilikesweets
Gimme a few inches, thanks. :smile:

Would if I could, but I can't!
Reply 36
Original post by iHateLaw
I'm personally 6'1 at 18, and I have never been in a relationship. Also I sometimes wear 3 inch heels, because they make my legs look nicer... I can't help it.

Everyone I do like (but never ever ever tell) always says 'if only you were a tad shorter' even though they're probably an inch or two taller than me.
What are your thoughts on taller girls? Would you ever?

tumblr_lhacil1TiC1qc7q6m.gif

There's so much wrong with this post....

1)You're only 18, stop worrying
2)If you don't want to be tall, don't wear 3 inch heels...Just stop
3)Tell them. See what happens.
Reply 37
I think every generation seems to be getting taller, especially guys, so I doubt you'll have an issue finding someone!
Reply 38
Original post by geoking
tumblr_lhacil1TiC1qc7q6m.gif

There's so much wrong with this post....

1)You're only 18, stop worrying
2)If you don't want to be tall, don't wear 3 inch heels...Just stop
3)Tell them. See what happens.

I don't see what's wrong with the post.
1) I'm not worrying, I just voiced my own personal 'story' and asked about people's opinions on taller females.
2) I don't recall saying or insinuating that I don't want to be tall.
3) It's not really easy telling someone you like that you like them. Especially if they bring up the fact that you're either taller than them or not short enough.
Reply 39
Original post by Josh_B
I think every generation seems to be getting taller, especially guys, so I doubt you'll have an issue finding someone!

See I don't see that! At my uni, the people who I have seen are all mostly shorter.
Maybe I need to go out more?:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending