The Student Room Group

Gf going uni

My gf going uni in september, i already graduated. In sept we will be exact a year in a relationship, but its killing me knowing shes gonna go uni. Of course, ill be visiting her all the time, but it doesnt take months to cheat on me. I am so worried. We all know what happens at uni. University changes people dramatically and you complete become a new person, im scared of losing her. She is not the type of person to cheat and get with someone, she said she will never ever cheat.

I am still worried, any advice?
Original post by ChelseaFCCC
My gf going uni in september, i already graduated. In sept we will be exact a year in a relationship, but its killing me knowing shes gonna go uni. Of course, ill be visiting her all the time, but it doesnt take months to cheat on me. I am so worried. We all know what happens at uni. University changes people dramatically and you complete become a new person, im scared of losing her. She is not the type of person to cheat and get with someone, she said she will never ever cheat.

Why are you worried?
Reply 2
Yours concerns are legit. Everybody knows what happens during freshers week or when you get drunk in clubs. I can't offer you any consolation. You can only trust her and see how things turn out to be.
Reply 3
Hey, calm down! You sound just like my boyfriend did a few months before I went to university! We were in exactly the same position; in a relationship for about a year, he had already graduated and was worried that I would change/cheat/find someone new etc and got really worked up about it.

Two years later, I'm in my second year of university, I haven't cheated, I haven't changed and I love him as much as ever - if not more! Not everyone turns into a promiscuous party animal when they go to university; plenty of people manage to maintain a happy relationship through their university years.

I think you need to talk to your girlfriend about how you're feeling and explain your anxieties. Ultimately, she's the only one who can really reassure you.
Reply 4
Original post by ChelseaFCCC

Did you cheat on her at Uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't feel like you trust her then really it's not going to work anyway, even if she doesn't cheat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending