The Student Room Group

Ear gauges: attractive?

Scroll to see replies

So, from all the 'would not date' comments -

Is it fair to assume that it's okay to not date someone because you don't like their piercings...
but if you wouldn't date someone because of their face, it's 'shallow', and makes you a bad person?
Reply 41
I would imagine it
Original post by Anonymous Coward

Is it fair to assume that it's okay to not date someone because you don't like their piercings...
but if you wouldn't date someone because of their face, it's 'shallow', and makes you a bad person?

I would imagine that it isn't because people don't like their faces. I think it is more a case of what they have chosen to do to their faces.
Original post by Tosca
I would imagine it

I would imagine that it isn't because people don't like their faces. I think it is more a case of what they have chosen to do to their faces.

No. You've misinterpreted my point.

It's okay to rule out dating someone with gauges...
But it's not okay to rule out someone who just isn't good looking, because that makes you shallow?

Apparently, we should give everyone a chance (or at least that's what everyone says on those threads)
So why is it okay to judge someone with gauges?
Reply 43
Original post by SoftPunch
:afraid:
There's a mouth for that. :erm:

Ear sex is the best. Safest kind in fact.
Reply 44
I guess in that sense it isn't ok for people to judge them at all..

Kreme just killed it with that last statement :tongue:
Reply 45
they're grotesque, no
Reply 46
Original post by Kreme

Personal experience talk?
Reply 47
Original post by Tosca
Here is the next craze everyone.. the stretched lip..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIuDeoOERe0

FML. Way to get nightmares.
Reply 48
I think they can look alright if you keep them below a certain size. Like 10-12mm. So that the lobe isn't stretched a crazy amount, and your ear is still a normal shape.

For example...

jew017q0.jpg
Reply 49

No-one said you're shallow if you choose not to date a person because of their face.....or at least I haven't - personal liking.
Reply 50
I wouldn't say attractive but as long as I can stick my knob in it, I'm all game.
I'm not a fan, sorry:puke:

why do people do this to themselves?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sourcream.onion
Some guy had his gauges out and was sat next to me on the bus and when his friend called him, he turned his head and slapped me with his droopy lobe :rofl:

Pahaha I lol'd at this :tongue:

In answer to the original question, I really don't like them personally. Even the smaller ones. I hate the long spike gauges that look like this:

Reply 53
Original post by SoftPunch
Personal experience talk?

Common knowledge. You're least likely to get STDs than any other form of sex.
True story.
Original post by Kreme

I've heard there's quite a risk of hearing AIDs...
Original post by coopertroopa03
I've heard there's quite a risk of hearing AIDs...

:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think they look ridiculous and make the individual look like a poor decision-maker. I'd probably be put off anyone with them more on the basis that I can't help but assume someone with ears like that must be stupid (they're up there with a face tattoo), as much as them looking deeply unattractive.
no they're horrible
Reply 58

You're taking it a bit literally I think. If your partner decided to stretch their ear, and you hated it, you'd be a bit of a tosser if you broke up with them just for that. However, not dating someone in the first place because of an unattractive trait is fine, it'd be boring if everyone found the same thing attractive. If you don't like their face, what's the point in dating them? Unless you find other things about them attractive, at which point their face stops being an issue. You may as well find someone who's face you find attractive.

My girlfriend has a small plug, something like 7mm? I think it's kinda cute. I wouldn't like it much bigger though.
Horrible, even the little ones. If you can pass a pencil through it, it's weird.

Quick Reply

Latest