The Student Room Group

DBS check

Hello in a few days I have my Southampton interview and it is required to bring a DBS self disclosure/ check ( or something like that) we'll basically I don't understand what it is if it is a form where do I get it. I have never been in trouble with the police or anything so is it really that important. My last interview I was not prepared at all and was embarrassed when I was the only the one who didn't bring all the things that was needed. I really want to be prepared this time but I don't understand what a DBS is..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
You can request a basic DBS check on yourself here: http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/basicdisclosureonline/index.htm or an employer can request a more comprehensive check. If you're confused as to what they want, though, phone Southampton and ask x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you sure they didn't send you anything to fill in? Ring them, yes it is important. When they require it you will not be able to get on the course without one. You cannot work with vulnerable groups without one (children, people with learning difficulties etc.). You saying that you aren't a convicted paedophile/murderer/anything else is not actually good enough.
Reply 3
Original post by MissENA
Hello in a few days I have my Southampton interview and it is required to bring a DBS self disclosure/ check ( or something like that) we'll basically I don't understand what it is if it is a form where do I get it. I have never been in trouble with the police or anything so is it really that important. My last interview I was not prepared at all and was embarrassed when I was the only the one who didn't bring all the things that was needed. I really want to be prepared this time but I don't understand what a DBS is..

Posted from TSR Mobile

It used to be called a CRB check, if that helps clear it up. HM Government can help Link
Reply 4
Thank you for the replies my mum is a nurse and so knew what it was and has got me the form :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending