The Student Room Group

21 and still a virgin, bad thing?

Ok so i'm a 21 year old guy and i've never had sex, although being a guy i do want to have sex, i'm just wondering whether being a virgin at 21 is a bad thing, i'm starting to come to terms with being single (as i have been single since i've been intrested in girls) although i have had the possability of loosing my virginity my gut was always telling me not to go through with it

So just curious is it nessecarilly a bad thing that i'm a still virgin at 21, note i'm not a virgin for religious reasons, i'm just not the guy to do one night stands, i'm not even sure i could do a friends with benefits realtionship (i get attached to people quite quickly, propably due to the lack of female attention i got before university)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
omg, it was just days since I last saw a similarly named thread :mad:

No. That is the answer. I won't be repeating myself. I've heard of pensioners who've never had sex.
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
omg, it was just days since I last saw a similarly named thread :mad:

No. That is the answer. I won't be repeating myself. I've heard of pensioners who've never had sex.

looks like i create it at the wrong time then :tongue: btw this isn't me asking how to get laid i know i have it within myself to do it (the fact that i've almost lost it a couple of times proves that i have the capacbility to loose it) i'm just curious as to wheather it's a bad thing
Reply 3
There's nothing to be ashamed of, virginity doesn't make you worse than other people :smile:
Reply 4
Virginity is a purely man made concept, it only exists if you want it to. It's nothing to worry about.
Reply 5
Not bad, just very sexually frustrated. But this spurs you on to even greater efforts and you will succeed.
Nothing wrong with it at all. I don't get why people can't just accept that it's totally fine to have no sex and it's totally fine to have loads of sex. As long as nobody is being hurt in any way then there's nothing wrong.

If you want to have casual one-night-stands, go ahead. If you want to try a friends with benefits relationship, go ahead. If you want to have sex once you're in a relationship, go ahead. If you want to wait until you have a serious/long-term relationship, go ahead. If you want to wait until marriage, go ahead. If you never want sex, go ahead.

It's your choice and if anyone tells you otherwise or tries to make you feel bad about it then they're not good for you and you don't want them around anyway.
Reply 7
Original post by Zarek
Not bad, just very sexually frustrated. But this spurs you on to even greater efforts and you will succeed.

Is it then normal to actually consider asking a close female friend to be your frist (i should note that this particular girl i fell in love with last year and i still hold feelings for her)
Reply 8
Original post by flyyoufools
Nothing wrong with it at all. I don't get why people can't just accept that it's totally fine to have no sex and it's totally fine to have loads of sex. As long as nobody is being hurt in any way then there's nothing wrong.

If you want to have casual one-night-stands, go ahead. If you want to try a friends with benefits relationship, go ahead. If you want to have sex once you're in a relationship, go ahead. If you want to wait until you have a serious/long-term relationship, go ahead. If you want to wait until marriage, go ahead. If you never want sex, go ahead.

It's your choice and if anyone tells you otherwise or tries to make you feel bad about it then they're not good for you and you don't want them around anyway.

Wise words, loving the name btw, LOTR referance ... :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Is it then normal to actually consider asking a close female friend to be your frist (i should note that this particular girl i fell in love with last year and i still hold feelings for her)

Don't know the circumstances but sounds a touch high risk. If she is just a friend and not interested in you in a sexual way it's not a good idea - girls separate these two things very clearly, more than men. And, in any events, you don't start by asking her to be your first, you start by asking her out and seeing what happens.
Reply 10
Original post by Zarek
Don't know the circumstances but sounds a touch high risk. If she is just a friend and not interested in you in a sexual way it's not a good idea - girls separate these two things very clearly, more than men. And, in any events, you don't start by asking her to be your first, you start by asking her out and seeing what happens.

Sorry didn't put much detail in, this girl knows how i feel about her, i have asked her out and she rejected me, i still talk to her, she is my best friend so :smile:
Reply 11
Sorry didn't put much detail in, this girl knows how i feel about her, i have asked her out and she rejected me, i still talk to her, she is my best friend so :smile:

It is highly unlikely she will agree to what you propose and asking her will do your friendship no good what so ever. Sideline you friendship, for now, and focus you energy on searching for someone who is up for it. Fine to be friends with her but only once you have a girlfriend.
Nope. Society has this stupid pressure about this virginity thing, it's just stupid. You'll lose it when you're ready and when the right girl comes along. Don't feel like you have to rush to get it over with. Heck, I'm nearly 19 and I've still never drunk a drop of alcohol, that's not normal, right? But I don't care. Who cares what society expects me to have done by what age. It's just ridiculous. Do it in your own time and when you're ready.
Reply 13
Original post by Maid Marian
Nope. Society has this stupid pressure about this virginity thing, it's just stupid. You'll lose it when you're ready and when the right girl comes along. Don't feel like you have to rush to get it over with. Heck, I'm nearly 19 and I've still never drunk a drop of alcohol, that's not normal, right? But I don't care. Who cares what society expects me to have done by what age. It's just ridiculous. Do it in your own time and when you're ready.

I "accidentally" drunk alcohol. When I was a kid. I thought it was coke in that Coke bottle, turns out it was my grandmother's home-made wine :redface: Does "accidentally" count? I still don't drink socially btw
Original post by shawn_o1
I "accidentally" drunk alcohol. When I was a kid. I thought it was coke in that Coke bottle, turns out it was my grandmother's home-made wine :redface: Does "accidentally" count? I still don't drink socially btw

Yeah I think so :tongue:

It will only make you feel ****tier in the long run if she still doesn't like you 'like that'. You said yourself you get attached easily. If you already have unrequited feelings, sex will just exacerbate that.
Around 1/3 of males your age haven't had sex, so you're fine :smile:
Reply 17
Guys who aren't good with women are often shamed by society. You see it on TSR all the time with the 'haha you must be a virgin' insults
Reply 18
Original post by Machop
Guys who aren't good with women are often shamed by society. You see it on TSR all the time with the 'haha you must be a virgin' insults

I've gotten better since coming to uni, i don't deny the fact that befor uni i was pretty much like Raj from TBBT when it came to women (i could talk to them, but not comfortablly)
I'm in the same boat, the worst moments for me are when whatever group of people I'm with start talking about sex and I just have to sit there feeling like a child (although this hasn't happened much since first year of uni).

But hey, maybe I could become a monk or something (as long as I could still drink...)

Latest

Trending

Trending