The Student Room Group

Anyone else ridiculously prepared for University this year?

I want to feel like I'm not the only crazy person who's already getting everything sorted this early on in the year.. :colondollar:

Also, is anyone else super fussy about what they want their room to look like at Uni? I feel stupid but seeing people with messy rooms and all that really stresses me out aha!

Scroll to see replies

LOL no. I need to make my grades first. ;(
Reply 2
Original post by yl95

Aw, I'm sure you will! I've taken a gap year and had to resit an English module to get into my first choice anyway, which is scaring me slightly, but I'm just such an organisational freak I'm already sorting everything out D;
same :biggrin: I also took a gap year and already have a confirmed place. I love buying new stuff for my room haha
Reply 4
Original post by shopoholic
same :biggrin: I also took a gap year and already have a confirmed place. I love buying new stuff for my room haha

Same haha, it's so fun! I went on a huge ikea spree yesterday.. Oops c:
Original post by rahrahh
Same haha, it's so fun! I went on a huge ikea spree yesterday.. Oops c:

I am going this week :biggrin: sooo excited!
Reply 6
Original post by yl95

Same here :frown: PANIC!
I've been making lists of things I need to get and browsing Ikea, choosing modules for my course, looking for recipes or basic food things I need to learn to cook (and comparing food prices between Morrisons and Sainsburys), looking up directions and bus routes to shops and nightclubs...its a new way of procrastinating. Not even firmed my university yet.
Reply 8
I am going this week :biggrin: sooo excited!

I seriously had way too much fun, but hey ho, I've got everything I need for the kitchen, decoration, bedding and bags, so fun (and colour-coordinated) :biggrin:

Original post by brendonbackflip
I've been making lists of things I need to get and browsing Ikea, choosing modules for my course, looking for recipes or basic food things I need to learn to cook (and comparing food prices between Morrisons and Sainsburys), looking up directions and bus routes to shops and nightclubs...its a new way of procrastinating. Not even firmed my university yet.

Same here! I've chosen modules I want to do on mine as well c: I've firmed mine but apart from that sounds pretty similar to me haha!
Reply 9
I can't wait, you are making me too excited! :tongue: By kitchen stuff, do you mean utensils? What if other people in your flat bring them? I am not sure what exactly I want to buy from ikea seeing that I will have to take everything with me on the plane haha

Eee I'm getting excited now too! Yeah, basically everything, I thought about that but I'm vegetarian so personally I'd rather have all of my own stuff than share cooking utensils (I'm fussy, okay?) aha c: Oh wow, plane? Where are you going from/to? :redface:
I'm a gap year applicant, and I've been spending a bit too much time at Muji spending a ridonkulous amount on boxes... wait till I get my hands on them vanity cases and that bathroom trolley...
Reply 11
Hi! I also took a gap year and this time around I can't wait to start in september. I'm so glad I took a gap year! :smile: @shopoholic, Are you bringing all of ur stuff by plane?
Original post by rahrahh
Eee I'm getting excited now too! Yeah, basically everything, I thought about that but I'm vegetarian so personally I'd rather have all of my own stuff than share cooking utensils (I'm fussy, okay?) aha c: Oh wow, plane? Where are you going from/to? :redface:

haha that's a good idea if you don't like the idea of others using your utensils :smile: I am kind of vegetarian too but not always :redface: Yes, by plane haha. I live in Spain so I have no other option :tongue:

Original post by intheair
Hi! I also took a gap year and this time around I can't wait to start in september. I'm so glad I took a gap year! :smile: @shopoholic, Are you bringing all of ur stuff by plane?

Yes, unfortunately :frown: I live in Spain, that's why haha
Reply 13
I'm not from the uk either and I have no idea how I'm gonna fit all of my things in 2 suitcases. :biggrin:
I'm not from the uk either and I have no idea how I'm gonna fit all of my things in 2 suitcases. :biggrin:

same! It just seems impossible, I pack 2 suitcases when I go on vacation for a few weeks. How am I supposed to pack the same amount for 3 months? haha
Reply 15
same! It just seems impossible, I pack 2 suitcases when I go on vacation for a few weeks. How am I supposed to pack the same amount for 3 months? haha

Tell me about it! haha I'm gonna buy most of the stuff once I'm in the UK. I'd prefer to take all of my clothes with me. haha
Tell me about it! haha I'm gonna buy most of the stuff once I'm in the UK. I'd prefer to take all of my clothes with me. haha

same! I have already made a spreadsheet of the stuff I am going to take with me :tongue: I don't think I am going to be taking any kitchen stuff haha. Are you going to carry one huge suitcase for luggage and one small one for carry on? Or two big ones?
Reply 17
same! I have already made a spreadsheet of the stuff I am going to take with me :tongue: I don't think I am going to be taking any kitchen stuff haha. Are you going to carry one huge suitcase for luggage and one small one for carry on? Or two big ones?

Two big ones and a carry-on bag for my laptop and my tablet. It's gonna be a struggle! haha
btw. What uni are you going to?
(edited 10 years ago)
Two big ones and a carry-on bag for my laptop and my tablet. It's gonna be a struggle! haha
btw. What uni are you going to?

How are you going to manage to take all that to your room on your own? haha. Will you have to catch a train from the airport?
I am going to Lancaster :smile: so will have to catch a train, not sure how I will handle two bags on my own :rolleyes: Which uni are you going to in September?
haha that's a good idea if you don't like the idea of others using your utensils :smile: I am kind of vegetarian too but not always :redface: Yes, by plane haha. I live in Spain so I have no other option :tongue:

Yes, unfortunately :frown: I live in Spain, that's why haha

where a bouts in Spain?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending