The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel: Unit 3 Kaiser To Fuhrer 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have a feeling that a question (30 mark) will appear about the period 1928-1945 as last year the two 30 markers were on tensions in the Second Reich in WW1 and about the Weimar Republic 1919-1924 but I could be wrong!
Original post by Osu
I have a feeling that a question (30 mark) will appear about the period 1928-1945 as last year the two 30 markers were on tensions in the Second Reich in WW1 and about the Weimar Republic 1919-1924 but I could be wrong!

Yeah that would make sense, there's never been a question on the war economy so I'm hoping Edexcel choose that as one of the two questions.
Reply 22
Original post by mandy0123
Yeah that would make sense, there's never been a question on the war economy so I'm hoping Edexcel choose that as one of the two questions.

I really hope that's the case! :smile: what could the war economy questions be on? I can only really think of two off the top of my head

1. How far do you agree that the German war economy was inefficient for the duration of WW2?
2. Why was the Nazi War Economy so inefficient in WW2?
Original post by Osu
I really hope that's the case! :smile: what could the war economy questions be on? I can only really think of two off the top of my head

1. How far do you agree that the German war economy was inefficient for the duration of WW2?
2. Why was the Nazi War Economy so inefficient in WW2?

I think those are it really, the question would be framed around how efficient the war economy was
Original post by Aurora23
If anyone's interested, I've got some revision songs that I wrote when I had the exam a couple of years ago (I fit facts/good sentences and phrases to tunes of well-known pop songs) They cover topics including the implications of the treaty of Versailles and life in the Third Reich. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll send them to you. I find songs useful for revising, as even just a few words engrained in your brain can act as memory joggers.

Yes please!!!!
Anyone have any predictions on topics for question A and question B?
golden years??
Reply 27
I don't really have many predictions, just that a question on Hitler/Nazis (rise of the Nazis - 1945) will probably come up in the 30 markers.
The 40 marker on WW1 will probably be something along the lines of 'Did German aggression cause WW1?' or something like that.
Reply 28
Original post by historypsyche
golden years??

Maybe questions like

1.How accurate is it to describe 1923-1929 as the ‘Golden Years’ of the Weimar republic?
2.Germany experienced a period of political calm, economic development and social progress in the mid 1920s. How far do you agree with this opinion?
Yhh I was thinking the 29-33 period for question A aswell but more specific to the rise of the nazi party and question B role of hitler and the efficiency of the state
i think nazi war economy and golden years could come up this year... never appeared before unlike the rise of the Nazis.
Reply 31
If anyone's interested, I've got some revision songs that I wrote when I had the exam a couple of years ago (I fit facts/good sentences and phrases to tunes of well-known pop songs) They cover topics including the implications of the treaty of Versailles and life in the Third Reich. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll send them to you. I find songs useful for revising, as even just a few words engrained in your brain can act as memory joggers.

OMG that would be so helpful! :smile:
yes pleaaaaase!!?
Reply 33

Yes please that would be so helpful!!
People who sat this exam: do you remember what the questions were last year - the 2 section A's and if you can remember the 1933-9 controvesy? Please, I'd be so grateful as they're locked on the edexcel website!!

Even if you can remeber which bullet point/time period they fell under it'd be really helpful!
Thanks a lot
Reply 35
Original post by hangman570
People who sat this exam: do you remember what the questions were last year - the 2 section A's and if you can remember the 1933-9 controvesy? Please, I'd be so grateful as they're locked on the edexcel website!!

Even if you can remeber which bullet point/time period they fell under it'd be really helpful!
Thanks a lot

I can remember the one I did was something like "How far can the democratic experiment in Germany from 1918-29 be called a success?" Don't remember the other one I'm afraid. The 1933-39 one I think was about why the Nazis got tinto power
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending