The Student Room Group

Is it unethical to date with no intention of having sex?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
More ethical. Very admirable in fact.
Original post by keromedic
I don't want to date someone if it's expected I have sex with them before getting to know them.

I wouldn't want to enter a relationship with someone based on a lie if I go through the motions and fake it.

You're over-complicating this - if you begin 'dating' someone you have no intention of hooking up with romantically then better to say before the first date that what you're looking for is friendship. Then everyone is on the same page and nobody ends up looking stupid.

I've dated guys in the past and whilst I agree many do seem to just be looking for sex, there are plenty of times when you get to know each other first. Obviously if you're using hookup-aps then that's not going to work but if there isn't a place local to you to meet other gay men then try internet dating. Then you can say what you're about upfront and see what happens.
Am I the only one wondering "What the hell is greysexual?!"
Original post by samba
Totally different scenario. He doesn't want it to be all about the sex with the typical horny gay guy expectations. You simply don't like the idea of sex. I don't see how they are remotely comparable.

Ok. He's already clarified this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
I'd say it's unethical if you don't make your intentions clear from the start and get a mutual understanding.
Reply 45
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Ok. He's already clarified this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He clarified a page before you posted too so I thought I'd make it nice and clear for you as I'm nicestguyEU :smile:
Original post by samba
He clarified a page before you posted too so I thought I'd make it nice and clear for you as I'm nicestguyEU :smile:

:hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an asexual girl, and I agree, it's kind of hard to find a no-sex relationship :/ That's why I've only had crushes so far, not real relationships :frown:
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Am I the only one wondering "What the hell is greysexual?!"

A greysexual is a person who isn't sure whether they like sex or not. An asexual is one who doesn't want sex, and being a greysexual means you float between the two.
I know. It sounds weird o.O
Why would....

I don't understand...

Just.... What....

Ok I get it now I have read your explanation.

But I can just not imagine this.

It's not unethical to date someone without the intention of having sex, but it is unethical to date a girl if you're gay and are lying to her :lolwut:
Moved to relationships :smile:
Reply 51
The above.

Unethical? What an interesting choice of words... Of course not. It has nothing to do with ethics. It's more to do with your own personal values than the general ethics of modern society
Not at all.
Reply 53
The only way I could see me meeting other gay people is through things like Grindr which are sex based.
It's not that I'm anti-sex. I just want romance be it gay or straight.

I've never met a gay guy that wanted romance.

may GOD ALMIGHTY deliver you from the guy spirit and its bondage AMEN
:lolwut: Why would it be unethical?

Original post by daydreamer4life
A greysexual is a person who isn't sure whether they like sex or not. An asexual is one who doesn't want sex, and being a greysexual means you float between the two.
I know. It sounds weird o.O

Actually, greysexual is low interest in sex. And asexual is lack of sexual attraction, not a dislike of sex.
Reply 55
Interesting. I mainly made this thread because I'm gay and was interested in perhaps dating straight girls because I'd be find with it unless there was down there option.

But the bolded mutual part made me realise it could would if I could find someone who was a heteromantic asexual or a greysexual.

Answer to your title question - No

But to this- Yes

Dating someone has criteria - attraction firstly . To date needs to have the possibility of a relationship and if you're homosexual this isn't fair to withold the info to your dating partner.

Why do you have this idea? instead of dating other homosexual people?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending