The Student Room Group

Never feel like I am enjoying my life

As a person I worked hard at school and I used to be quite into it. Now I have left I kind of get bored and don't really have that many things I enjoy doing. I don't have sex with girls regularly or have a good social life. I don't like the area that I live in it's full of chavs and feel as though this country is always cold and dark. I kind of feel that I am on the outside of life looking in. I never feel like I am enjoying life.
Amen
Well.. Revise, tbh. Work hard, get the A's at A-level get into Target/Semi-target university for Investment Banking. Get a F/O - M/O position and work with the rest of the bankers who have no lives. :biggrin:

At-least it's not enjoying life with money.. +1
(edited 10 years ago)
I've experienced the same. Thought patterns get learnt, some things become habitual, which is a mother****er. The way I find a way out of it is to look at things as they are and everyday have a word with myself. "What am I thankful for?" Finding something good in your day, a variable that can change at any moment.

I know it seems like all that feely-good nonsense, someone like me would normally dismiss. But it helped me a little.

Other than that, change is your responsibility. You have to effect it. You don't HAVE to be where you are.
What are you expecting, someone to walk into your life and make it happen? Get up, grow some balls and take what you want from life. You want to live by the beach, look for properties and jobs by a beach. You want women in your life? Go and talk to women and form relationships. You want money? Work your ass off in a rewarding industry. With enough determination and passion life with yeild to your demands.
Baaasically- buy a PS3. Put all your worries behind you and step into the light, sah.
Reply 6
Go outside more often and talk to humans you like talking to.

Stop worrying about irrelevant things.
Reply 7
Original post by Tom_green_day
Baaasically- buy a PS3. Put all your worries behind you and step into the light, sah.

Don't you mean a ps4?
Reply 8
Yeah I kind of need to take control of my life save up money and go skiing or travelling I really need to get more fun out of life because it seems to be just going through the motions currently.
Original post by Anonymous
Don't you mean a ps4?

No, that'll be expensive and a waste and you won't enjoy that. Taking up gaming for a period of time say a year or two is like cryogenically freezing yourself for that time, it'll let you start again with newer skills. This is from my experience, at least.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending