The Student Room Group

How far away from your uni did you live before you went there?

Scroll to see replies

250 miles. Either a 7 hour boat journey or 50 minute flight!
Reply 21
I live about 100 miles from my firm uni and 90 from my insurance, both are just under a two hour drive, which is quite reasonable. I'll hopefully have my motorbike by the time I go to uni meaning I won't have to rely on the three hour train journey to get home.
30 mins in a car but it was somewhere I'd never really been before so it felt quite far away. I thought I was brave haha imagine if I'd moved across the country!
Reply 23
About 150 miles I think and takes about 3 and a half to 4 hours to drive there. Takes about 4 hours on the train and then a 20 minute car journey but I only have to change trains once so thats not too bad.
Reply 24
101 miles.
It's around 40 or 50 miles- takes an hour or so to get there in the car.
About a 4hr drive, but that can depend on how busy the Dartford crossing is, had to sit on that stupid bridge for like 2 hours in the middle of a summers day once, literally ****ing torturous.
Reply 27
Starting in September - google maps tells me the distance is 516miles, took me about 12 hours on various public transports, takes me longer than it takes most international students to get there :L
Reply 28
I'm going 110 miles down the M5 :smile:
Reply 29
200 miles. Takes me about 3.5 hours total getting the train home or about the same amount of time driving.
about an hour
Im not starting uni until september but for me it will be a nice long 270 mile drive.
London > Leicester. I think it's somewhere between 90-100 miles.
2 hour drive by car, It's normally around 1 - 1:30 hour by train so overall it's not a bad journey.
Reply 33
My usual university: around 1,000 km.
My current university: around 10,000 km.
UG: 10km
PG: 10000km
Reply 35
14,600 km (according to google maps), I haven't started uni yet but that shall be the distance from where Im leaving from
Reply 36
95 miles.
Reply 38
About 500 miles.
About 200 miles :smile: Too far to pop home when I want to, but it could be worse!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending