The Student Room Group

All my friends cheat on their girlfriends

Scroll to see replies

Original post by voodoochild
So basically i've been noticing a really bad pattern where many of my male friends cheat on their girlfriends, the drummer in my band came down for a rehearsal and when we went on a night out he spent the whole time trying to get laid, despite LIVING with his girlfriend in a rented house. I know other friends who cheat all the time too. They just don't seem to care, they see it as their duty to proliferate themselves

I just don't get why they do this; I'm not whiteknighting here it is just genuinely wrong, but you girls seem to enjoy dating these kinds of characters. What is up with that? like are you stupid?

I can't help but think for instance my drummer's girlfriend when she realizes she wasted years of her life with this dude who cheats on her every weekend, what's gonna happen to her?

Women who cheat are just as disgraceful and it happens probably just as often.

Why do people do this? I'd never do that; if i'm not into the girl or meet someone else I'll leave her, what's the point in keeping her around just to cheat; it's not right.

Seriously this generation is just ****ed, absolutely no morals whatsoever, the empowered whore archetype for females, and the respected male slut archetype that is encouraged is just bull****.

What happened to love? does this world even have a concept of this anymore? what happened? flouride in the water and chemtrails really dun ****ed y'all up, you aint got no 3rd eye, no cosmic connection to divine order. Lots of you are just walking shells, biological automaton animistic and spiritually decadent soulless bastards lol

Okay you don't have to believe in the spiritual ****, but still, what happened to basic morals? we're just become a bunch of self-indulgent animal,s it's disgusting. **** this generation man

And do you think men have never cheated before? Believe me, its only recently when it wasn't acceptable for men to have mistresses etc. There is no increase in cheating, only an increase in awareness that it's wrong. How is that soullessness?

(Oh so your mates cheat and somehow this makes their girlfriends' whores? Did you even think they might possibly not know? Maybe you should inform them instead of bitching about everyone's morals)
Reply 21
Interesting how you blame their girlfriends for not noticing, as though it's somehow their duty to be super paranoid and find this stuff out, rather than their partner's duty to... You know, not cheat. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why people do it, but I doubt I'd be sticking around with your group of friends for very long. If their partners can't trust them, why should their friends? Nope nope nope.
It's pretty straightforward for me really, though I am probably too cynical for my own good. A very significant minority of people, deep down inside, are pieces of **** and it's always been that way... people's lives are just more in the open now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
So basically i've been noticing a really bad pattern where many of my male friends cheat on their girlfriends, the drummer in my band came down for a rehearsal and when we went on a night out he spent the whole time trying to get laid, despite LIVING with his girlfriend in a rented house. I know other friends who cheat all the time too. They just don't seem to care, they see it as their duty to proliferate themselves

I just don't get why they do this; I'm not whiteknighting here it is just genuinely wrong, but you girls seem to enjoy dating these kinds of characters. What is up with that? like are you stupid?

I can't help but think for instance my drummer's girlfriend when she realizes she wasted years of her life with this dude who cheats on her every weekend, what's gonna happen to her?

Why do people do this? I'd never do that; if i'm not into the girl or meet someone else I'll leave her, what's the point in keeping her around just to cheat; it's not right.

Seriously this generation is just ****ed, absolutely no morals whatsoever, the empowered whore archetype for females, and the respected male slut archetype that is encouraged is just bull****.

What happened to love? does this world even have a concept of this anymore? what happened? flouride in the water and chemtrails really dun ****ed y'all up, you aint got no 3rd eye, no cosmic connection to divine order. Lots of you are just walking shells, biological automaton animistic and spiritually decadent soulless bastards lol

Okay you don't have to believe in the spiritual ****, but still, what happened to basic morals? we're just become a bunch of self-indulgent animal,s it's disgusting. **** this generation man

Finally someone else that has been disillusioned with the perversion of the concept of freedom. I do not call being prisoner of ones base instincts freedom. Society where familial and interpersonal relations are degraded so much, where everyone has become so atomised and distant from each other is not a healthy society.

Here is a comparison. Once you look in to a room of partying people you see only the party and the smiles, the cheering and the laughter. Only few can see through the mask and realise the smiles and cheers are mindless and drug induced with no real emotion behind them.

You my friend have seen through it, I commend you.
People cheat, ultimately it's their choice, if they're happy to deal with the consequences whatever. Also, it's not just young people, loads of older guys where I've worked have been cheating on their wives and a lot of the older women.
Reply 25
Original post by Le Nombre
People cheat, ultimately it's their choice, if they're happy to deal with the consequences whatever. Also, it's not just young people, loads of older guys where I've worked have been cheating on their wives and a lot of the older women.

Shame those consequences are not one sided. When you have a moral system that gives rise to almost 1/3 of divorces linking to adultery. Not only does the cheater deal with the consequences but the cheated and the children that are involved. This has far reaching implications on everyone.
Original post by Gray Wolf
Shame those consequences are not one sided. When you have a moral system that gives rise to almost 1/3 of divorces linking to adultery. Not only does the cheater deal with the consequences but the cheated and the children that are involved. This has far reaching implications on everyone.

In the OP I don't think there's likely to be kids, the cheated also has to deal with it true, but you'd hope that part of the consequnces for cheater is feeling bad about that.

In terms of kids in the older ones I know the couple generally stay together, both for the kids and due to the financial dependency of the spouse, usually wife. Obviously you can get maintenance, capital sums, property orders etc. but it's a big risk to take.
Reply 27
Original post by Le Nombre
In the OP I don't think there's likely to be kids, the cheated also has to deal with it true, but you'd hope that part of the consequnces for cheater is feeling bad about that.

In terms of kids in the older ones I know the couple generally stay together, both for the kids and due to the financial dependency of the spouse, usually wife. Obviously you can get maintenance, capital sums, property orders etc. but it's a big risk to take.

Regardless, it is the life style and the moral values people acquire in their younger days that they stick with. So cheating even young does imply there being similar conduct in the future. Which will have consequence in the long run.

Some couples choose to do that, but an overwhelming majority do not.
Regardless, it is the life style and the moral values people acquire in their younger days that they stick with. So cheating even young does imply there being similar conduct in the future. Which will have consequence in the long run.

Some couples choose to do that, but an overwhelming majority do not.

I'm not saying I condie it, I think it's a stupid thing to do, but if people want to do it there's not an awful lot I, you or anyone else can do to stop them.

No, though the Facts are such that it's hard to say that the one used is the only one. You might use Fact A but have a marriage which has encountered problems which could constitute Fact B, the adultery is just one symptom of it. In some cases it might even be Fact D or E used following adultery, in theory I suppose desertion too but no one ever really uses that.
Original post by mellie220
I'm now inclined to think all men are going to cheat, I'm completely put off a relationship now.
My ex cheated on me with 4 girls, all of which were considerably uglier than me and didn't have amazing personalities... judging from the FB messages. I feel like a ****ing idiot for being so devoted and in love with him, I don't ever want to feel like a fool again and I doubt I'll trust again. I have no hope for this generation of men, I know a lot of guys who cheat as well and it's just sick.

Don't be stupid, it's just your age. When they get a bit older and settle down it will be fine. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if women aged 25-35 cheated more than men, because by that age the men have lost their drive, but the women have not quite yet lost their looks.

I don't really think it's the cheatee's fault that they were cheated on...
I do hope so, I think I'm going to hold off for a few years until guys my age grow up! Suppose 20 year old guys aren't the most mature of people...

They certainly aren't, girls are just as immature though don't forget
I always believe that we except the love that we think we deserve. If that helps.
I'm now inclined to think all men are going to cheat, I'm completely put off a relationship now.
My ex cheated on me with 4 girls, all of which were considerably uglier than me and didn't have amazing personalities... judging from the FB messages. I feel like a ****ing idiot for being so devoted and in love with him, I don't ever want to feel like a fool again and I doubt I'll trust again. I have no hope for this generation of men, I know a lot of guys who cheat as well and it's just sick.

Hope the trust comes back to you. I've been in that situation myself too. I know the feels very well.. but still - it's not a guy thing or a girl thing. It's simply a people thing. People cheat. It's not right, but it definitely is very common.
Reply 34
Why are several girls here posting how they think all men will cheat eventually? Sweeping generalisations without a care in the world. The same could be said of women. :rolleyes:
Reply 35
Finally someone else that has been disillusioned with the perversion of the concept of freedom. I do not call being prisoner of ones base instincts freedom. Society where familial and interpersonal relations are degraded so much, where everyone has become so atomised and distant from each other is not a healthy society.

Here is a comparison. Once you look in to a room of partying people you see only the party and the smiles, the cheering and the laughter. Only few can see through the mask and realise the smiles and cheers are mindless and drug induced with no real emotion behind them.

You my friend have seen through it, I commend you.

I love this dude, you get me. I bet your IQ is over 120+
Reply 36
It's the illuminati, they make men cheat and women feminists. **** the nwo.
That rant though :biggrin::congrats:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending