The Student Room Group

commuting from london to bristol uni? possible?.....

The course I plan to study is foundation year in arts and humanities for 1 year at bristol, with the hope of then applying to a uni in london for my undergrad. I have never been to uni before. The course is 6hrs per week. 2 hours on one day and 4 hours on the other meaning I will only be coming to bristol for 2 days. The other 5, I plan to be in London.. I have personal reasons for not wanting to live out, e.g. have to take care of my mother who is not always well but luckily I have other younger siblings who can help me out with that. Is this possible.. I will only be doing this for one year by the way.
Reply 1
It'll be expensive trains but if you're only doing it two days a week it's not so bad. They're nice enough trains too, with reserved seating, so at least you'll probably be able to work while you're travelling.
Reply 2
Original post by Damask-
It'll be expensive trains but if you're only doing it two days a week it's not so bad. They're nice enough trains too, with reserved seating, so at least you'll probably be able to work while you're travelling.

cheers. yeah that is what I thought aswell :smile: Thanks for your input!
I get the bristol train from bath to london every now and then and it take 1 hour 30 min on average to get from bath spa to paddington (1:45 from bristol). The cost is roughly £20 return without a rail card. I suppose it is possible but it would be a hell of a lot easier just to stay in bristol.
Reply 4
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
I get the bristol train from bath to london every now and then and it take 1 hour 30 min on average to get from bath spa to paddington (1:45 from bristol). The cost is roughly £20 return without a rail card. I suppose it is possible but it would be a hell of a lot easier just to stay in bristol.

True, thanks. I wish I could stay in bristol but have to stay at home with my mother who is not well. It will be really horrible commuting if I have 9ams though :frown: thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending