The Student Room Group

Ever had feelings for someone of the same sex?

Have you ever had romantic feelings for someone of the same sex? I'm not asking if you're gay/straight/bi.Also,if yes,how did you deal with these feelings

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Have you ever had feelings for someone of the same sex? I'm not asking if you're gay/straight/bi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should do a poll and divide it into guy yes/no and girl yes/no. I bet the guy yes will be tiny while the girl yes will be through the roof.
Yeah xD I'm not sure about my sexuality though, so yeah :tongue:
Nope I haven't :smile:
Original post by jamieTT
You should do a poll and divide it into guy yes/no and girl yes/no. I bet the guy yes will be tiny while the girl yes will be through the roof.

I'm not sure how to do a poll :s and i want to know people's experiences and how they dealt with their feelings.So do you think girls are more likely to develop feelings for the same sex? Or is it just that guys are less likely to admit to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep affection and a degree of attraction to the character of the person but only in a platonic way as in they interested me; I didn't get 'tingles' or anything. Maybe not what you're referring to
Original post by jamieTT

Obviously. Guys tend not to be as open to admitting their feelings for a person for the same sex for fear of being labelled gay- or they just generally don't have feelings for the same sex. I blame society, it's more socially acceptable for two females to be in a relationship than it is for two males, which is sad :/
Honestly, no. I have an admiration for some people of the same sex, but I wouldn't call that feelings?
Have you ever had romantic feelings for someone of the same sex? I'm not asking if you're gay/straight/bi.Also,if yes,how did you deal with these feelings

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edited to make the question clearer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alea iacta est
Honestly, no. I have an admiration for some people of the same sex, but I wouldn't call that feelings?

Fair enough :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
No.
I'm not sure how to do a poll :s and i want to know people's experiences and how they dealt with their feelings.So do you think girls are more likely to develop feelings for the same sex? Or is it just that guys are less likely to admit to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You click on tools on the upper right side of your OP, it's pretty easy from there.

Yes, girls are more likely to have feelings for either sex, it's something biological but not known why exactly. Men's sexuality is very visual and straightforward, while women's is more fluid and emotional based. I read something about how ancient women use to raise their kids together, living in the same place while the men were away at times for war/hunting and having to depend on each other made them bond. I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually true. This is why you have bi women who fall for other women much later in life, never knowing they could be bi. While a guy would know by the time he's a teen most times.

https://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/study-says-most-women-are-bisexual-2584654.html

A new study reveals that women's sexual preferences tend to be a gray area (yep, identity confusion wasn't just for those college dorm days). In fact, researchers at Boise State University found that in a group of heterosexual women, 60 percent were physically interested in other women, 45 percent made out with a woman in the past, and 50 percent had fantasies about the same sex.
Reply 14
That's my post, I tried to edit and it went anon.
Yeah, it's difficult though.
Spend less time with them.
Yep. And I told them.
Reply 17
Nope.
Sure, I practically fell in love with a guy in first year at uni.
Yeah. I had always dated guys but is really felt something for this girl and we did date briefly but it went wrong and it left me heartbroken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending