The Student Room Group

accommodation issues

Hi Everyone,

As I mentioned earlier, I'm hoping to start college in Plymouth next year. My biggest issue is that I still haven't found a place to live. As I'm not independent enough to look after myself, I'll definitely have to live with someone, not to mention how expensive it would be to rent a room.

Could anyone please put me in the right direction?
Reply 1
Have you spoke to the accommdation office and the disabled students department at the uni?
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
Have you spoke to the accommdation office and the disabled students department at the uni?

Once again, I'm applying to college, not university.
Reply 3
Original post by dorababy1995
Once again, I'm applying to college, not university.

Yes, but tthe college should still be able to help you.

I've attended the college you're planning on attending. I wouldn't bother if I was you. Their support for disabled students is non-existent.
Hi Everyone,

As I mentioned earlier, I'm hoping to start college in Plymouth next year. My biggest issue is that I still haven't found a place to live. As I'm not independent enough to look after myself, I'll definitely have to live with someone, not to mention how expensive it would be to rent a room.

Could anyone please put me in the right direction?

By someone who do you mean?
Original post by OU Student
Yes, but tthe college should still be able to help you.

I've attended the college you're planning on attending. I wouldn't bother if I was you. Their support for disabled students is non-existent.

"That doesn't sound very encouraging. I do hope they've improved since you graduated. They seem very supportive, so I really hope I won't be disappointed."
Original post by jelly1000
By someone who do you mean?

Someone who is kind, considerate, and doesn't mind helping out with an extra chore or two.
"That doesn't sound very encouraging. I do hope they've improved since you graduated. They seem very supportive, so I really hope I won't be disappointed."

They haven't. unfortuantely, I enquired about going there last September. They pretty much said "we won't support you because we don't have to and there's nothing wrong with you". Because of course, all the medical tests I've undergone since I was a baby were just for fun.:rolleyes:
Someone who is kind, considerate, and doesn't mind helping out with an extra chore or two.

Ah I see, I was wondering if you meant you needed a live in helper. Unfortunately unless you already know someone who can help you out then most people are struggling enough living on their own with their own problems to regularly help someone else, not that they aren't well meaning so I wouldn't bank on that happening.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending