The Student Room Group

Scars. Your opinion?

So a while back I was reading some threads in which everyone was mentioning things they find attractive/unattractive, or find a turn on/turn off in someone they like, or potential boyfriends/girlfriends etc.

I noticed a few people saying how they found scars a major turn off.

Personally, I have no major scarring besides one small scar on my face from an injury, and acne scarring on other parts of my body.

I do feel self conscious about them, but would hope that anyone that I felt comfortable around enough to show them, wouldn't be repulsed by them.

Surely scars are something that the individual has no control over?

What are your opinions on this?

Do you think it's unfair that people are put off by something that person has no control over?
Basically all physical attributes are something you have no personal control over, doesn't stop people fancying you or not for them, nor should it.

That being said I have a 6 inch scar on my ankle/leg which I find repellent and hope to cover with a tattoo soon (not an improvement to many people on here).
Most people have the usual small scars on their elbows, hands, knees etc. That said though, I don't see why bigger scars should be a turn off unless they deform someone's features (i.e. having a massive scar across your face for example).
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Basically all physical attributes are something you have no personal control over, doesn't stop people fancying you or not for them, nor should it.

That being said I have a 6 inch scar on my ankle/leg which I find repellent and hope to cover with a tattoo soon (not an improvement to many people on here).

Are you supposed to tattoo over scar tissue?
Reply 4
I like scars. They're sexy. It means the person isn't soft, they've been through hell and they have the marks to prove it.
Original post by TurboCretin
Are you supposed to tattoo over scar tissue?

You can and I have an excellent artist, though I expect it will be excruciating as a) I'm a girl and b) the tissue is extra-sensitive.
Reply 6
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
(i.e. having a massive scar across your face for example).

How is that a bad thing? Surely it's a good thing. It gives the person some added character. It makes someone look intimidating, even appear frightening. They've clearly suffered through a hard time and they came out of it with a scar. I respect that. I'd love to have a scar like Omar Little from the wire.
Reply 7
My mate has scars right across his face from where he was attacked by a dog as a child. The chicks always seemed to dig it :wink:
Original post by Viva Emptiness

This, really. And there's nothing wrong with that, it just proves that they aren't the person you're supposed to be with anyway.

Personally I like things like scars and little 'imperfections', adds character to the person. :redface:
Reply 9
Almost everyone I know have scars at some part of their body. I have a few big scars on my knees. I got those when I was a child and used to run way too fast and stumble over my own feet :/ There's nothing I can do about them and sometimes I wish they would just magically disappear. But in reality, no one notices them and they haven't stopped me from wearing clothes that reveal my scars or getting attention from boys :smile: Maybe it's because I have scars on my own behalf but I don't find people with scars unattractive.
A have quite a big scar over the right side of my ab area. Just wondering if that could be an issue?
I have a six inch scar on a each hip from surgery.I have little scars all over my body.normal things a young boy would get.I've always had people want to see them.I kind of like scars they tell a story.I like imperfections.
Depends what type of scars. I think there was a thread on a certain type of scar the other day and that kinda put me off, but if we're talking harry potter scars then I'm game
Original post by Robbie242
Depends what type of scars. I think there was a thread on a certain type of scar the other day and that kinda put me off, but if we're talking harry potter scars then I'm game

I don't think many people have a lighting scar on their forehead...
Original post by PsychadelicScarf
I don't think many people have a lighting scar on their forehead...

was a light hearted joke lol
It is so unfair I have so many and I can’t get rid of them my bf broke up with me bc of them and it’s so unfair 😭

Latest