The Student Room Group

Am I a coward and not man enough

Hi,

Basically a few weeks ago at university I was doing a group project and I saw a girl that I really liked.

She was in a PC lab and loved the colours that I loved. She wore my favourite colour and had a matching colour handbag.

She just looked so innocent and intelligent. Always laughing and smiling.

At one point, I encountered this person in the corridors and I held the door and not realizing it was the person I loved. By the way, I hold the door and let ANY lady/woman go first no matter how ugly or bitchy they are. The person I love blushed and smiled accordingly to my mate who was with me at the time. I didn't realise it was her, due to the fact that I had no sleep the previous night.

I have seen this person so many times and yet I have not been man enough to ask her out or even befriend her. She is always with people and I can't abandon my group task and let my group down.

Now that it is all over, I am on study leave. I don't think I will see this person unless I go to the uni library some time soon.

What do I do if I happen to see this person again. She is always with people, and a mate of mine said he doesn't mind being a wingman. I am also the innocent type, and so I don't want to rush straight into a relationship seeing as exams are right round the corner.

Any tips/advice please.
Reply 1
What I noticed in the UK... there ****"""""ing HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE numbers of astonishing girls. Especially Europeans... any kind. If I were looking at them at University each day I would be distracted from studies.

But what I don't like in the UK is that there is no groups. Or may be there are no groups for master students. I mean back when I was in my Uni we had groups. We had girls in these groups and it was like classmates relationships.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
How can you build relationship in library. especially in British library where people are so busy these days.
Original post by timgep
How can you build relationship in library. especially in British library where people are so busy these days.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to strike a conversation in the library:lol:
Reply 4
Just go for it. Next time you see her just go up to her and say hi and that you like what she's wearing or whatever. Have a conversation about said item you like and just jump right in to asking her to go for a movie or coffee or dinner... anything cliché really - get her number and text her a few hours later.

If her friends are there then she'll think you're confident and manly (problem solved!)

Hope this helps buddy
Original post by timgep
What I noticed in the UK... there ****"""""ing HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE numbers of astonishing girls. Especially Europeans... any kind. If I were looking at them at University each day I would be distracted from studies.

But what I don't like in the UK is that there is no groups. Or may be there are no groups for master students. I mean back when I was in my Uni we had groups. We had girls in these groups and it was like classmates relationships.

I heard it's a serious problem; people in their 20s just don't join social groups, no idea why
Reply 6
Original post by Solemn Rain
You'd be surprised how easy it is to strike a conversation in the library:lol:

Yes but feelings are different. In one group you can have all the emotions from envy and anger to constant thoughts and her breath next to you. And because it is hard to open yourself, it is like Santa Barbara. You can't forget such things.
Reply 7
Original post by + polarity -
I heard it's a serious problem; people in their 20s just don't join social groups, no idea why

I am talking about my class. We had like groups AD-3 (Archtecture and design 3rd group)

Oh. Actually now I understand. We didn't have so much credit modules diversity. I studied in one group for 3 years. and 4th year was almost the same with less people
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
It is so much different here and there. I forgot this.
Original post by po10tial
Hi,

Basically a few weeks ago at university I was doing a group project and I saw a girl that I really liked.

She was in a PC lab and loved the colours that I loved. She wore my favourite colour and had a matching colour handbag.

She just looked so innocent and intelligent. Always laughing and smiling.

At one point, I encountered this person in the corridors and I held the door and not realizing it was the person I loved. By the way, I hold the door and let ANY lady/woman go first no matter how ugly or bitchy they are. The person I love blushed and smiled accordingly to my mate who was with me at the time. I didn't realise it was her, due to the fact that I had no sleep the previous night.

I have seen this person so many times and yet I have not been man enough to ask her out or even befriend her. She is always with people and I can't abandon my group task and let my group down.

Now that it is all over, I am on study leave. I don't think I will see this person unless I go to the uni library some time soon.

What do I do if I happen to see this person again. She is always with people, and a mate of mine said he doesn't mind being a wingman. I am also the innocent type, and so I don't want to rush straight into a relationship seeing as exams are right round the corner.

Any tips/advice please.

Facebook?
Reply 10
Original post by hellodave5
Facebook?

Don't know the name of the person...
Reply 11
Original post by shopoholic
What others said. Get her number and text her or ask her out in person :smile: but of course, strike a conversation before that.
I like how you say you "love" her :lol:

"Love" lol, seriously its rare I come across girls that like the same colours as myself and have a good work ethic like myself. This person seems to be someone who genuinely cares about their studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending