The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham through Adjustment?

Currently, I have firmed university A for Pharmacy, but I'm aiming for higher than what they want, i.e AAB/AAA. I was wondering, if I didn't apply to Nottingham in the first place, but would still like to try and apply through Adjustment, what are the chances I could get a place? Can't anyone who achieves AAB or higher get a place because of that law that allows unlimited students with those grades?

Also, I'm looking to go through Adjustment not just for Pharmacy, but a variety of courses, e.g Biomed, Pure Chem, Medical Physiology, Physiotherapy, Medicinal Chemistry, so could the fact I'm flexible also help?
Original post by GSmith19901
Currently, I have firmed university A for Pharmacy, but I'm aiming for higher than what they want, i.e AAB/AAA. I was wondering, if I didn't apply to Nottingham in the first place, but would still like to try and apply through Adjustment, what are the chances I could get a place? Can't anyone who achieves AAB or higher get a place because of that law that allows unlimited students with those grades?

Also, I'm looking to go through Adjustment not just for Pharmacy, but a variety of courses, e.g Biomed, Pure Chem, Medical Physiology, Physiotherapy, Medicinal Chemistry, so could the fact I'm flexible also help?

It would be worth trying adjustment if you do exceed your current offer, however, although universities are legally allowed to accept unlimited students with grades ABB or higher, there obviously is a limit to the number of students that they can physically accommodate. This is particularly the case with science subjects as numbers are restricted by lab space.
Nottingham has an excellent reputation for Pharmacy and entry onto the course is very competitive.
if you are not successful in gaining a place through adjustment, but have set your heart on studying at Nottingham, it may be worth reapplying next year with your grades already known.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending