The Student Room Group

Interview for kitchen staff job in Wetherspoons - advice needed

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone,

So I have an interview later today at 3 I'm really nervous, it's for kitchen staff any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm 16 so I hope this isn't a problem and I'm not an experienced cook either :s
Original post by Theawesomejem
Hi everyone,

So I have an interview later today at 3 I'm really nervous, it's for kitchen staff any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm 16 so I hope this isn't a problem and I'm not an experienced cook either :s

Run. Run like the wind. Wetherspoons isn't a fun place to work.

They hire most people they don't really care. Also the manager is unlikely to be fluent in English so what you say doesn't matter as long as it's positive.
Original post by Crystalz
Run. Run like the wind. Wetherspoons isn't a fun place to work.

They hire most people they don't really care. Also the manager is unlikely to be fluent in English so what you say doesn't matter as long as it's positive.

I take it you worked there previously? What didn't you like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Iv worked for Wetherspoons for 3 years Wetherspoons kitchen are designed to be easy to run although it can be stressful at times if u can work a phone u can work in a spoons kitchen not to mention ur higher paid for working in the kitchen than u are in the bar
little update 3 years on, i never got the ******** job, the manager gave it to her daughters friend. didnt really care though the trial was rotten and i got to sit on my arse all summer with my parents giving me money lol
How on earth did anybody actually get to the online tests and interview stages?
I've been rejected 6 times now and counting just from the online application, no tests. I have bar staff experience - and I heard from people they prefer those with no experience. So, I've sent in bar staff applications, floor staff applications - some with my experience listed, others blank, and I've had the auto rejection email every time. I'm starting to wonder if they go by postcodes, only posh areas or something ridiculous? There's honestly nothing on my application that should prevent me getting to the online tests at least.

What did those of you who got to interview write for your application? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending