The Student Room Group

GCSE short courses

Hello,
I have done two RS short course qualifications, one this year and one last year. Each exam was worth a short course. Therefore, if i get A* in this exam combined with my A* in last year's exam, will this account for one full GCSE?

P.S. I posted this here because I think that university students will have a better understanding to answer this question.
You need to check with the Universities you intend to apply to whether or not they consider your qualifications equivalent to a GCSE and/or 'appropriate for University admissions purposes'. No-one here will be able to give you a definitive answer.
Reply 2
Not entirely sure what you mean. If you're just writing a list "I got 12 GCSEs!" then yes, but if you're filling in applications and they want breakdowns then they will both be listed as RE (short course) or citizenship (short course) etc. - needs to be stated. So yes, in total they make a full GCSE but really it's two halves. I have a short course in art so I end up writing 12.5 GCSEs on summaries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending