The Student Room Group

Quantity Surveying with 190 UCAS.

Hi guys, I will be submitting a late application to UCAS as I did not want to go to university initially. Since then times have changed and so has my view on University.

Being admitted into a university through a late application will be near enough impossible. But I am planning to go through clearing. I know that my grades aren't good but do you think it is possible to clear into a university like Kingston , Westminster etc to do Quantity Surveying Bsc that require 280 UCAS. I know you have to factor in different things but has anybody been in a similar situation.

Thanks.
Hmm dont know with a good uni like kingston would accept you with 190 through clearing. But I am in same positon with less points and been told lower ranked unis will possibly accept through clearing.
If you have well below their required points for admission, no University will be interested in you, even in Clearing. The only exception would be if you had relevant work experience and were applying as a mature student.

From what I can tell Trinity St David Uni in Swansea might accept you with only 190 points for an HND or degree course - http://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/course-search/?keyword=surveying&courseLevel=Undergraduate+Courses
I had 200 UCAS points and was rejected from the BSc but accepted for the HND at Liverpool John Moores. This was for Building Surveying. Was all the waste of time and money though because I failed miserably, lucky that I'm going to Canterbury Christ Church Uni in September to start all over again :smile:
Reply 4
So a university that requires 240 UCAS will not accept 190 even through clearing.
Very, very unlikely. Thats a serious drop. Why should they accept you when earlier in the year they turned away people with that prediction or those actual results?
Yes, for some courses (esp at 'lower' Unis or those with unusual subject combos, ie. German and Chemistry) they might accept people through Clearing with that difference, but you cannot rely on that outside chance. You could email the Uni concerned now and ask them if its worth you applying with your current grades and see what they say - you don't have to wait for Clearing for this, if they say Yes, you could apply now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending