The Student Room Group

Why would someone give me a buisness card for a brothel?

I am a student in London. Today I was walking in a very quiet part of Angel and a man was walking the other way. He made eye contact with me and I assumed he wanted directions. I went over to him and he gave me a business card for a rather shady looking club called 'Twilight Kingsway'. I assume that it is a strip club at best... it's not even coming up on google so I think it's very underground.

Now I'm a 19 year old gay male and not much of party boy either. I have no idea what sort of person would go to a straight strip club. But I am a little bit insecure and it go me thinking... why would he single me out to give me a card like that?

Do I look ugly enough to have to pay for sex? I mean I don't think I'm good looking but... you know... I don't think I'm repulsive

IS it just that I'm a young guy that he guessed I liked a good night out?

What could it be that made him target me as a potential customer?

Help me lol. It's playing on my mind. I've lived in London 2 years and this is the first time that's happened.
He probably didn't single you out. He probably would have just given it to anyone who walked past.
Is his name Petyr?
He's drumming up business, think nothing more of it. I don't make eye-contact with anyone in London. Ever. For this reason and many more besides.
Original post by lilypear
Is his name Petyr?
Lol quite a few Littlefingers live in London I would suspect.
Original post by andragonous
Lol quite a few Littlefingers live in London I would suspect.

A FEW?!
Reply 6
So when someone makes eye contact with you, you walk over to speak to them?

Maybe he is well known in the area to give out cards for that business and when someone approaches him like you did he just assumed that is what you were after.
Original post by dhr90
So when someone makes eye contact with you, you walk over to speak to them?

Maybe he is well known in the area to give out cards for that business and when someone approaches him like you did he just assumed that is what you were after.
Um he was about 5ft away from me. I was looking towards him.
Reply 8
Original post by andragonous
Um he was about 5ft away from me. I was looking towards him.

Just drumming up business then. Just forget about it and get on with your life. Probably gives them to everyone if its a legal business. Or anyone he thinks won't tell the police if it is illegal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending