The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cool, I have a friend I want to visit
Reply 81
And one or two staff?!?
;grin; ha, ha, ha!! Do you think? May-be I should fall on my knees outside your offices, or even better the Law Department itself and beg to be forgiven before being allowed back in. I am going to go so red next time I see you and BC. I just know that I will see you again sometime. I am from near Hull so there is no escape. I've seen you shopping in Princess Quay before.

I am sure it will be a insightful and stimulating visit given the jurisprudence on offer.
Reply 83
We are human, you know? I think everyone would be delighted to see you.
I will indeed pop in if I do actually make it to Hull. I am sure sometime in the next year I certainly will.
Reply 85
I'm not human :p:
I decided to edit the indirect joke, it could be mean to good associate of mine.

Seriously, really kind of you to say CWTF. I would be delighted to see people aswell.
Reply 87
LauraWalker
I decided to edit the indirect joke, it could be mean to good associate of mine.

Seriously, really kind of you to say CWTF. I would be delighted to see people aswell.

Eh?
Reply 88
LauraWalker

This place has changed a fair bit already since you left - CK has now left as well (hence one of the two new guys).
That is interesting. I am confident that MJF is doing a fine job and keeping his house in order, attending all necessary meetings on the way.
Reply 90
The University looks like a bunch of run down 19th Century Council homes (not that I have anything against them!)
What? I'll provide some photos.
there u go. Hull is vast

1. The entrance to the 'New Campus'
2 Thwaite (residence)
3 Thwaite (residence)
4 My friend on the Thwaite Lake
That is one tiny bit, the Law Department at Oxford, the Cross Building is not exactly a beauty
Reply 95
Yes, but that's Oxford and this is .... H .... U ....LL.
LOL. I think the 4 photos of Hull that I provided of Hull are really nice. It is never dull in Hull. Besides, in places it is actually really nice and people who actually visit are absolutely shocked that it does not live up to its bad reputation.

Oxford, well I love the place. But that is because it is fresh new and exciting. I find it easier to relate to some of the people there and the way they have been brought up. Sometimes I got fed up at Hull and I doubt that would have happened here. People seem to value me more for being me. I must say the lecturers at Hull are fantastic, I got on with them better than the students and since I was involved with the place for so long, hardly surprising in some ways.
Reply 97
There are more photographs here:

http://www.law.hull.ac.uk/galleries/index.html

Not sure where the '19C council homes' idea comes from? The oldest University buildings date back from the late 1920s, although a couple of years ago, Hull acquired the old 'Lincolnshire and Humberside' campus immediately adjacent to the University campus, with some rather nice buildings.
Reply 98
LauraWalker
May-be I should fall on my knees outside your offices, or even better the Law Department itself and beg to be forgiven before being allowed back in.

My office will do, thank you.

LauraWalker
I've seen you shopping in Princess Quay before.

Surely not.

LauraWalker
I am sure it will be a insightful and stimulating visit given the jurisprudence on offer.

Jurisprudence is not running this year - transitional year of the curriculum review.
Yes but on reflections people make tea and coffee near your office and might wonder what is happening.

Yes I did see you in Princess Quay. I thought you only went to Hull University and never ever did anything else so it was shocking. You don't honestly go out of your house do you? I was outside Priniciples last christmas, you were with BC. It was horrible in the quay, really crowded. It was the day after my interesting Evidence exam, so I thought oh 'there he is again'.

As for the jurisprudence that is pretty upsetting. It gives me more time to warn people about doing their reading or the 'wife who does jurisprudence' will go slient and not spoon feed. Though, I think I was unfair. She did not look at the ceiling, just drunk her coffee. I still have not managed to read all of Dworkin's book yet. I like it though, I am not selling it.

;sorry;

Latest

Trending

Trending