The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep I've got mine, am filling it in now!
University of York
York
Reply 2
ooh hope mine's at home waiting for me then! :smile:
Reply 3
Mine's not, maybe it'll come tomorrow.
I've got mine, you don't seem to get much choice about accomodation though.
Reply 5
If I don't get it tomorrow I'm going to have words with my stupid postman, often he delivers our post to Newington Court 15 minutes walk away but we are Newington Road. He's not particularly bright, it's a totally different post code.
Reply 6
can you choose 33week rent as a preference?
Reply 7
I haven't got it yet :frown: or my letter from ucas confirming my place... hopefully they'll come tomorrow!
time of day
can you choose 33week rent as a preference?

Yeah you can, you have to rank 33, 38 and 52 weeks in order of preference, in the same way that you do accomodation, which is normal, ensuite, upp ensuite, upp large ensuite.
Reply 9
Just a bit confused about something on the accommodation application form. At the top it's asking for "UCAS No. / Student Ref. No.". Next to it are four shaded blocks and nine white blocks. The "Student Number" York has sent me will fit exactly into the white blocks, but that leaves four blocks for a "UCAS No.". What exactly is a UCAS number? I don't know of anything four digits long other than my candidate number for exams...

Or have I got this all wrong, and we're supposed to put our UCAS Personal ID across all of the boxes? Help! :smile:
Reply 10
3 years ago at least your student number was your UCAS number prefixed with UGST, dont know if that helps at all though!
Reply 11
lufiaguy
Just a bit confused about something on the accommodation application form. At the top it's asking for "UCAS No. / Student Ref. No.". Next to it are four shaded blocks and nine white blocks. The "Student Number" York has sent me will fit exactly into the white blocks, but that leaves four blocks for a "UCAS No.". What exactly is a UCAS number? I don't know of anything four digits long other than my candidate number for exams...

Or have I got this all wrong, and we're supposed to put our UCAS Personal ID across all of the boxes? Help! :smile:

Your student number is the same as your UCAS no, just with UGST at the front. Just fill in the UCAS number into the 9 white boxes and you'll be fine :smile:
Bugger, I put just my UCAS number in and left the other spaces blank, do you think they'll mind if I cross it out?
Reply 13
My pack still hasn't arrived.

How long should I wait before contacting the accomodation office?
Reply 14
Mine hasn't come either. I'll give them a ring in a little while- as it wasn't in the post this morning :frown:
Reply 15
If mine doesn't come tomorrow, i'll phone them on monday.

I see you're from Hemel Pudding - what school did you go to?
Reply 16
I haven't got mine yet either so don't worry people!
Reply 17
RichardHC
I haven't got mine yet either so don't worry people!

neither have i!

I'm sure they're on the way though :smile:
Reply 18
I emailed accommodation office earlier today and have just got this reply:

If you have not yet received your form, you will need to contact the
undergraduate office on 01904 432136.

Will probably leave it until Monday before calling though, just in case it arrives tomorrow.
Reply 19
Right, I've enrolled online, and sent off the University Card form, the college record form, and the accommodation form... all with the most hideous passport photos I've ever seen! Can't believe I'll have to carry that mug around with me on a card! :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending