The Student Room Group

Would I get looked down upon in university?

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Of course not
Original post by Taliahart
Of course not

Sarcasm or...
Why would you tell anybody any of this stuff?
Original post by vee_wuvshugs

its you again!!!:O

my lucky day...

but yeh aint an issue one bit..odd even to ask

when somebody says "were your grandparents married at the time of your mother's birth?" how should he reply to it, do you suggest?

Edit: For clarity, this was a joke. Yes, I know should start making them funny, thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)

Why not? Why live in fear and hide yourself?
Original post by trustmeimlying1
its you again!!!:O

my lucky day...

but yeh aint an issue one bit..odd even to ask

Who are you?
I didn't think anyone cares about that stuff anymore :dontknow:
Anyhoo anyone who looks down on you for that isn't worth your time, don't worry you'll make lots of friends :h:
Why let your status limit you ? Your worth just as much as any blue blood bastard , be proud of your background and concentrate on getting a good grade.

Top th'legitimate
The concept of illegitimacy is all but dead in British society, with only the very elderly even taking note of it anymore. Don't worry about it :smile:
Who are you?

anywho can yeh sing/play kiddo
Original post by jjmichaeljadson
Why not? Why live in fear and hide yourself?

I'm just wondering what kind of normal conversation would involve someone asking you something like that.:s-smilie:
Original post by illiteratesoul
Sarcasm or...

No I'm being serious!
Have you seen Jeremy Kyle... :/
Original post by Asariond
The concept of illegitimacy is all but dead in British society, with only the very elderly even taking note of it anymore. Don't worry about it :smile:

Even my 'aunt' (my mum's legitimate sister), who is relatively young, was making a jab at umarried women getting pregnant and having children out of wedlock. I suppose there are lots of open-minded people these days, but what about the mysterious 'upper elite' that I've seldom come across to this day? The ones brought up with conservative, traditional values?
Original post by Jennifer07
Have you seen Jeremy Kyle... :/

Yes. Working class people (like me) getting humiliated and publicly shamed (like my mum growing up in her family) for straying off traditional social norms (like my family) on national television by 'respectable' people...
Reply 17
As someone else who is 'illegitimate' (although I have never thought of myself as being illegitimate) I have not the slightest worry about being judged like this at university. Some of my friends in sixth form have traditional values (catholic school) and they have no problems with it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know nothing Jon Snow!
Original post by illiteratesoul
Yes. Working class people (like me) getting humiliated and publicly shamed (like my mum growing up in her family) for straying off traditional social norms (like my family) on national television by 'respectable' people...

People volunteer for that show, god knows why! I would be more worried about uni work not people's opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending