The Student Room Group

Looking for a career change. MSc Management vs MBA, is it a good idea?

Hi everybody,

As I said above I want a career change and I'd love to hear suggestions. I I'd like to change by getting masters. I do have the money, the energy and commitment, but I'm unsure of which program.

A little about me:
I am (or would be) a mature student, turning 30 very soon. I have been a teacher for the last 7 years, with some NGO international volunteering and some freelance writing/journalistm. I am currently teaching Spanish in the US. All this means that I've travelled/lived in a few countries. This summer I’ll be in France with a family improving my French.
My idea is to change careers jumping into the business arena with either an MSC in management or an MBA. It’d have to be a course that puts you straight in the job market. (good employment stats etc)

MSc in Management: I have thought about MSCs are cheaper but the students there are usually early 20s.

MBAs: requires experience, but does teaching a foreign language count as experience? Not sure a company would be interested in candidate who has a teaching background, an MBA and no business experience...

What's do you guys recommend?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Did you repost because you didn't like the answers you got in your original thread?? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2705594

Also, no course can guarantee putting you "straight in the jobs market".
Reply 2
Not at all. I just though it was a different forum and I could get other people's perspective, in a more specific way (this is a forum about econ etc)

Thank you very much for the previous help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending