The Student Room Group

Girl suddenly stops talking?

I was getting very close to this girl, we were practically in a relationship.
After hanging out a few weeks ago I asked her to text me first days, just because I was always the one texting first and I wanted to see if she would. She didn't.
After a few days I texted her to say hi, to no reply. A few days later I did the same thing, again no response. A few days later I texted yet again asking why she wasn't talking and got a small response 'Sorry I've been busy' and nothing after that, despite me texting her again multiple times over many days. This was a few weeks ago and I'm worried. Do girls do this kind of thing often? Just stop talking if they lose interest or don't want to talk to you any more?
PS. I don't think anyone could be busy enough not to text for about 3 weeks, even once to say 'sorry I'm busy but next week I can talk normally'. Why would someone do this instead of just saying 'we're over' ?
Help would be nice, cheers.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I was getting very close to this girl, we were practically in a relationship.
After hanging out a few weeks ago I asked her to text me first days, just because I was always the one texting first and I wanted to see if she would. She didn't.
After a few days I texted her to say hi, to no reply. A few days later I did the same thing, again no response. A few days later I texted yet again asking why she wasn't talking and got a small response 'Sorry I've been busy' and nothing after that, despite me texting her again multiple times over many days. This was a few weeks ago and I'm worried. Do girls do this kind of thing often? Just stop talking if they lose interest or don't want to talk to you any more?
PS. I don't think anyone could be busy enough not to text for about 3 weeks, even once to say 'sorry I'm busy but next week I can talk normally'. Why would someone do this instead of just saying 'we're over' ?
Help would be nice, cheers.

Sorry, but I don't think she's interested anymore. It sounds like she just move on from all of this. 'Sorry I've been busy' is probably what I'd say to someone who I don't really want to say much to. I think you've done quite a lot by messaging her as often as you have and she's not returning it, so maybe just wait for her and if nothing happens, I guess she doesn't want anything to happen and you'll have your answer.
stop bombarding her with messages ffs.
Reply 3
You come across as a bit needy from what you've posted. Be cool.
Reply 4
She's just not into you.
I think even you know she's lost interest.
Reply 6
Original post by jay2013
You come across as a bit needy from what you've posted. Be cool.

Original post by confus3dsoul
stop bombarding her with messages ffs.

I'm sorry if it seems like I've sent many but I in fact have only sent five in three weeks. I'm not sure that counts as 'bombarding'. There was never more than one at any day.
She's lost interest bud. Sorry. Not really much you can do about it I'm afraid.
Reply 8
This exact thing happened to me with a girl I was dating. It sucks only because you're left unsure as to why she lost interest - I don't really care about her anymore I'm just curious as to what I did wrong. All you can do is move on now.

Oh and by the way, if you are going to have to make the dreaded 'double text' don't do something needy like - hi how are you? Be cool about it, say something like - hey what have you been up to? You didn't get arrested/taken to the loony bin/abducted by aliens or something? /;-)

Something a bit cooler and more playful will at least get a bit more of a response.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by 7M33R

Oh and by the way, if you are going to have to make the dreaded 'double text' don't do something needy like - hi how are you? Be cool about it, say something like - hey what have you been up to? You didn't get arrested/taken to the loony bin/abducted by aliens or something? /;-)

Thanks, I have a rule actually- only text 3 times if there's no reply. Don't send a fourth text, that's needy. Also make sure each is at least a day apart. The general trend is the second pretends there wasn't a first, and the third is the only time you ask if something's up.
Reply 10
Aww :hugs:

You sound like a nice guy, most would have moved on by now.
Original post by blablabla321
I think even you know she's lost interest.

I had some idea but I was hoping someone could provide another answer or reason. I'm kinda hoping she hasn't, you see.

Original post by katbob
Aww :hugs:

You sound like a nice guy, most would have moved on by now.

Aha thanks, I should have but things were getting rather serious.
You shuold know I'm nice, we've spoken on another thread :P
For some reason it wont let me quote you but you sound sooo cute . Just don't message her again and hopefully she starts talking to you.
For some reason it wont let me quote you but you sound sooo cute . Just don't message her again and hopefully she starts talking to you.

Thanks! I don't plan to, but I may ask friends if she's contact them and do some sherlocking around. There's no prize for being idle!
Thanks! I don't plan to, but I may ask friends if she's contact them and do some sherlocking around. There's no prize for being idle!

LOOOL at sherlocking hahah. Just make sure it doesn't get back to her because then she'll think you're creepy.
Reply 15
I had some idea but I was hoping someone could provide another answer or reason. I'm kinda hoping she hasn't, you see.

Aha thanks, I should have but things were getting rather serious.
You shuold know I'm nice, we've spoken on another thread :P

Which other thread??
LOOOL at sherlocking hahah. Just make sure it doesn't get back to her because then she'll think you're creepy.

Of course, I only plan to ask my close compadres anyway. However even if she does think I'm creepy, at least I'll know she was giving up on me. I won't be able to deal with myself if I know I didn't do all I could.
She's lost interest from the sound of it, it's best just to move on
I think she's moved on :-( keep your chin up!
If I was you I would try to find out why she distanced herself, just to kill off any curiosity you may have :smile:

Listen to this girl. She is right.

They always come back (the one's who lose interest) once they can see that you are doing well in your life.

Attraction never dies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending