The Student Room Group

struggling with dating

So I'm a 20 year old guy and the last time and only time i was actually in a relationship was 17. I've done stuff since but like not an actual girlfriend. I've tried Tinder, Hinge. I briefly bought tinder gold or whatever it is and got a fair few matches but without it i maybe get one or two every couple of months. Hinge is even rarer. And often i';ll get a match and start talking only for suddenly to find they stopped responding. I got close to arranging a date the other day but they never replied after agreeing to it.

I've started university but the thing is is that even a lot of people in the first year here seem to have partners. I've tried meeting girls just i know here and stuff but it's hard to know what they actually think my intentions or whatever are. Like i might be halfway through meeting a girl alone talking over a drink or something only to find the mention of a boyfriend.

I honestly don't think its my looks i mean maybe its my pictures i don't know but i often make out with girls on nights out but i'm at the age where i actually just want a partner. everyone i know or went to school with has one. Sometimes i wonder if its a social thing as i'm very mildly autistic but to the untrained eye and most people it's not really noticeable.

I try and not let it bother me but i feel like if i don't find a partner at university/college i will struggle immensely to find one outside. In between the ages of 18 and 20 when i had finished hs but not started university i relied on dating apps and i never had any success. I think there was one girl i liked in one of the jobs i did but she was in a relationship.
Reply 1
I have tried the dating apps your talking about didn't get much luck on those either. I found another app which was much better. Coffee meets bagel.

It does take time to find someone but it's worth waiting for someone that would suit you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending