The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ohboyimscrewed
I preferred the first exam but yeah I liked it. Really nice 6 markers.

Yeah, the momentum one was a bit confusing, what did you write for it?
I thought this paper was really nice. If anyone had done last year's paper (June 2013) they would've found this year's paper a lot easier, since they were all similar topics - but the questions were much nicer. I really liked the transformer question! The paper itself was really nice, not too hard or too easy so I think the grade boundaries will be consistent with last year. Still I really liked it. The momentum question was good, because the combined momentum were equals both before and after they started moving (0*60+0*100=0; and then 60*-5 and 100 * 3 = -300 + 300 = 0 so momentum was equal). Because the change in momentum for both was 300 then the force applied will be equal, given the time was the same for both.

This paper was much nicer than the first one. I hoped it's dragged me up. I got full marks in the coursework so I have confidence. Hopefully I will get my predicted grades of 100% A*s! Nothing more I can do now, except wait for August 21st to come!
Reply 42
I didn't really know what I was putting! I was having such a bad time concentrating! What did people put for the clockwise one?
Reply 43
I put clockwise then anticlockwise followed by clockwise again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samay97

Posted from TSR Mobile

As did I, are you sure it's right?
Reply 45
Original post by WillWalker23
I thought this paper was really nice. If anyone had done last year's paper (June 2013) they would've found this year's paper a lot easier, since they were all similar topics - but the questions were much nicer. I really liked the transformer question! The paper itself was really nice, not too hard or too easy so I think the grade boundaries will be consistent with last year. Still I really liked it. The momentum question was good, because the combined momentum were equals both before and after they started moving (0*60+0*100=0; and then 60*-5 and 100 * 3 = -300 + 300 = 0 so momentum was equal). Because the change in momentum for both was 300 then the force applied will be equal, given the time was the same for both.

This paper was much nicer than the first one. I hoped it's dragged me up. I got full marks in the coursework so I have confidence. Hopefully I will get my predicted grades of 100% A*s! Nothing more I can do now, except wait for August 21st to come!

I think I put something like that hahahahha, good luck!!!

Original post by katie4202
I didn't really know what I was putting! I was having such a bad time concentrating! What did people put for the clockwise one?

Lmao same :') Literally no idea xD

Original post by samay97

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sameeee :biggrin:

Original post by jpetersgill
As did I, are you sure it's right?

I put it too :biggrin::biggrin:
Did any of you get all 1s for the final output of the second truth table?

Yep! Those 2 questions are the only ones I know I definitely got right! :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Original post by The_Toaster
Yep! Those 2 questions are the only ones I know I definitely got right! :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Logic gates: you either love 'em or you hate 'em.

Yes!! Thank God, I was a bit skeptical because I thought it looked odd :P
Reply 51
Yeah same here it was actually pretty easy though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samay97
Yeah same here it was actually pretty easy though

Posted from TSR Mobile

The truth table? I know, it seemed too easy so I was worried :P :s
have you got the answers for the physics 2014 OCR paper ?

Latest

Trending

Trending