The Student Room Group

What do you do to show your gf/bf you care?

Scroll to see replies

I only date a man if I'm really serious about him. So if I'm in a relationship I do my best to show him how much I care.
Like with my ex, he used to be in a debate society at uni and I used to go cheer him on at competitions. I'd stay up late until he came back to the apartment from a long trip to a debate tournament in another cities so I could greet him when he got back home. I'd take care of him when he was sick, bring him soup and tea and cookies. I really like cooking so I'd surprise him with his favorite food and dessert. I'd help him with any uni homework or review his essays. Listen to him, give him attention, spend time with him but also give him space to hang out with his friends if he wanted. Be affectionate. Compromise when we wanted to do different things. Learn to be selfless and patient.Text regularly. And lots of other things haha.
Original post by Anonymousmouse
I only date a man if I'm really serious about him. So if I'm in a relationship I do my best to show him how much I care.
Like with my ex, he used to be in a debate society at uni and I used to go cheer him on at competitions. I'd stay up late until he came back to the apartment from a long trip to a debate tournament in another cities so I could greet him when he got back home. I'd take care of him when he was sick, bring him soup and tea and cookies. I really like cooking so I'd surprise him with his favorite food and dessert. I'd help him with any uni homework or review his essays. Listen to him, give him attention, spend time with him but also give him space to hang out with his friends if he wanted. Be affectionate. Compromise when we wanted to do different things. Learn to be selfless and patient.Text regularly. And lots of other things haha.

As a famous mouse said very recently ..... I wish I knew more girls with these qualities, actually just knowing one girl like this would be awesome!

I don't know if I live up to your high standards ...... I've done lots of little things but probably the most thoughtful thing I've done is to throw a surprise birthday party for my last girlfriend. She had recently lost her job and was really feeling down. She was also quite homesick because her parents and her sister lived 200 miles away and she hadn't seen them for more than 8 months. Her birthday was on a Saturday that year, so I organised for her parents and sister to come be with her for her bday weekend. I asked two of her close friends to take her shopping that day while I prepared the surprise party at our flat with decorations and also made dinner for us and her family. I ordered her favourite cake with our names on it! It was a total surprise when she came home to see her family there at a birthday party she didn't know about! I think it really cheered her up :smile:
Original post by superduper9

I don't know if I live up to your high standards ...... I've done lots of little things but probably the most thoughtful thing I've done is to throw a surprise birthday party for my last girlfriend. She had recently lost her job and was really feeling down. She was also quite homesick because her parents and her sister lived 200 miles away and she hadn't seen them for more than 8 months. Her birthday was on a Saturday that year, so I organised for her parents and sister to come be with her for her bday weekend. I asked two of her close friends to take her shopping that day while I prepared the surprise party at our flat with decorations and also made dinner for us and her family. I ordered her favourite cake with our names on it! It was a total surprise when she came home to see her family there at a birthday party she didn't know about! I think it really cheered her up :smile:

....this made me well up a little bit inside. :cry2::cube::love:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
....this made me well up a little bit inside. :cry2::cube::love:

I didn't mean to have that effect on you, sorry! :hugs:
Original post by superduper9
I didn't mean to have that effect on you, sorry! :hugs:

In a good way!
Turn up. That's enough right there. Should be happy, the ungrateful sot.
- Empty the cat litter tray because I know he hates it
- Buy him cakes on the way home from work
- Cook special teas on the roof terrace
- Pretend to care about films when really I don't
- Let him watch breaking bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending