The Student Room Group

I'm A Convert To Islam - Ask Me Anything.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
He didnt reach well and wasnt happy at all. And things got quite bad with arguments, confrontations etc. But after a while his anger went.

What happened?

Are you middle eastern? Japanese?
Original post by Kutta
Name and Shame Lad.

It was tsr... where ... means some number I cannot remember. There was someone else who sort of agreed with him but I cannot remember who that was.

It was on the recent thread about sharia law.
Original post by CottonEyedJoe
Do you accept human evolution?

Do you believe that stars and shooting stars are missiles to drive Jinni away?

Were this not an AMA thread, this could make for some interesting discussion. I'd PM you, but my inbox needs sortin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
when you getting married? :biggrin:
Lol, I knew this would eventually get moved to Chat section.

Btw your thread should say "I'm a white convert to Islam" just to sound a bit more interesting. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clone93
I'd urge you not to, but God bless nonetheless

[video="youtube;ERou_Q5l9Gw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERou_Q5l9Gw#t=26[/video]

Hi Clone93. For some reason I always thought you were an atheist :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ash92:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

He converted to Christianity.
he's become so peacefully toned, compared to his atheist self.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Few questions come to mind :smile:
Did anything happen in your life, such as a 'major life event', that triggered your religiosity?
What logical reasons were there for you to convert to Islam?
Reply 69

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was, but I'm not anymore, I had my own encounter with Christ.
Original post by Clone93
I was, but I'm not anymore, I had my own encounter with Christ.

Oh, I see. Well, I'm happy for you as you seem to have some new sense of satisfaction, if that makes sense. Of course, being a Muslim, I'd wish for you to have a more God-central belief in terms of tawheed, but anyhow, I hope you find benefit in your belief in God :smile:

EDIT: could I ask you to share your story on my thread? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Oh, I see. Well, I'm happy for you as you seem to have some new sense of satisfaction, if that makes sense. Of course, being a Muslim, I'd wish for you to have a more God-central belief in terms of tawheed, but anyhow, I hope you find benefit in your belief in God :smile:

EDIT: could I ask you to share your story on my thread? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll PM it to you, as it's my life and not just a story I'd rather not everything I did became public knowledge if that makes sense.
Original post by Clone93
I'd urge you not to, but God bless nonetheless

You'd urge him not to what exactly? Remain a Muslim? Commit "offensive Jihad"? :lol:

Rebuttal to your video if you're interested.
[video="youtube;F7lX9tg3z0U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7lX9tg3z0U[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
After 6 months I decided to tell my brother and my sisters. And Alhamdulillah they were ok with it. And said that if your happy then im happy. However I do feel that in private they do hold there own reservations. However I didnt tell my father till some time after. He didnt reach well and wasnt happy at all. And things got quite bad with arguments, confrontations etc. But after a while his anger went. And were at a point now where we dont argue - we just sort of tip toe round the subject - and just let each other do our thing. Which Alhamdulillah is an improvement from what it was. As for my mother she passed away whilst I was young.

It sounds liike you just came out... :wink:
Original post by Clone93
I'll PM it to you, as it's my life and not just a story I'd rather not everything I did became public knowledge if that makes sense.

Sure, that's completely understandable. Thanks, I'll take a look (later on) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Sure, that's completely understandable. Thanks, I'll take a look (later on) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

God bless :smile:
Do you feel a bit lonely and cut off from all your family seeing as they aren't muslim? Have u distanced ureself from them a lot? :smile:
Were this not an AMA thread, this could make for some interesting discussion. I'd PM you, but my inbox needs sortin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you PM me the response?
For how long did you research about Islam before converting? And what were the sources you used?
Did you become Muslim after losing your virginity?

Do you like Buddhism?

If you were locked forever in a room with nothing but pork chops, would you starve or eat the pork chops?

What do you think of Christians?

The Elder Wand, Resurrection Stone or The Cloak of Invisibility?

Who would win in a fight, Muhammad the Prophet or Gandalf?

Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle?

Do you think it's fair that non-believers go to Hell even if they lived a life without sinning?

Quick Reply

Latest