The Student Room Group

Ex- IB Student (If you ever need help, just ask)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lackinglogic
Thank you so much for responding I was growing anxious! But since I'm freaking out I just wanted to ask.... are you completing IB? Or have you completed it? How was it?

Do you still need any help? I did my EE on a subject that is outside of my 6 subjects.

- Completed the IB, still alive :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Do you still need any help? I did my EE on a subject that is outside of my 6 subjects.

- Completed the IB, still alive :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I'm so glad your alive 😂 I will need help when I begin my classes in 5 days. But I think I'l probably do it on Biology which is one of my HLs.

I'm so happy you responded thank you for your support :smile:
Haha I'm so glad your alive 😂 I will need help when I begin my classes in 5 days. But I think I'l probably do it on Biology which is one of my HLs.

I'm so happy you responded thank you for your support :smile:

If you are doing your EE on a Science subject you need to be very wary of time management, as experiments may take a while and you would need to be in the lab for quite some time for IAs as well. (I was double science HL, Biology and Chemistry)

No problem :smile: if you need anything just quote me!
If you are doing your EE on a Science subject you need to be very wary of time management, as experiments may take a while and you would need to be in the lab for quite some time for IAs as well. (I was double science HL, Biology and Chemistry)

No problem :smile: if you need anything just quote me!

What question did you write your EE on? are there questions or not? I'm totally clueless 🙁
What question did you write your EE on? are there questions or not? I'm totally clueless 🙁

I wrote my EE on History: The effect of Star Wars (the original film trilogy) on the Cold War.

There isn't really a question but rather a topic. You can write a question to help center your argument but the title of the EE isn't phrased in question firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote my EE on History: The effect of Star Wars (the original film trilogy) on the Cold War.

There isn't really a question but rather a topic. You can write a question to help center your argument but the title of the EE isn't phrased in question firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay. I had no idea. I don't know how to form a topic. To give you an idea of how cluelessly misinformed I am, I formed a question: ' what role does the brain play in triggering emotions?' Is that even close to an EE statement?
Oh okay. I had no idea. I don't know how to form a topic. To give you an idea of how cluelessly misinformed I am, I formed a question: ' what role does the brain play in triggering emotions?' Is that even close to an EE statement?

That's a good start. Now try to make that into a statement: The role the brain plays in triggering emotions. I do not know if this topic is a bit too vague though, you may want to narrow it down a bit after doing a bit of preliminary research. There's a rubric for this but I don't have access to it right now :/ it should be online somewhere.
That's a good start. Now try to make that into a statement: The role the brain plays in triggering emotions. I do not know if this topic is a bit too vague though, you may want to narrow it down a bit after doing a bit of preliminary research. There's a rubric for this but I don't have access to it right now :/ it should be online somewhere.

Okay. Thanks for informing me. I had guessed it was too vague and I'll work on it. :smile:
Okay. Thanks for informing me. I had guessed it was too vague and I'll work on it. :smile:

No problem, hope I helped :smile: good luck!
Thank you so much for responding I was growing anxious! But since I'm freaking out I just wanted to ask.... are you completing IB? Or have you completed it? How was it?

hey I already completed it (3 years ago :P ) but it is a lot of work. The thing I would honestly suggest is to just take it all as one step at a time, if you look at everything you have to do constantly you will feel overwhelmed. Take it day by day and focus on one assignment/ task at a time and just stay organized :smile: For the EE as well, dont panic about it, it will turn out fine dont worry :smile: and you dont get a list of questions. You instead choose a supervisor and subject you want to do your EE in. Once you did that you talk to them about your interests and what topics you may want to investigate. From there on you both work on finalizing a question together :smile:
Anyone here who has finished IB chem HL have notes that they can share ? I struggle really badly at making notes and even though i understand most topics, my strongest attribute is my memory. I normally just read pages and memorise them easily however since chemistry books are too long and all over the place, it isn't simple. I would love some condensed organised things if anyone is willing to help.
Original post by ALOSTINO99
Anyone here who has finished IB chem HL have notes that they can share ? I struggle really badly at making notes and even though i understand most topics, my strongest attribute is my memory. I normally just read pages and memorise them easily however since chemistry books are too long and all over the place, it isn't simple. I would love some condensed organised things if anyone is willing to help.

I did HL Chem and used the Oxford revision guide and Richard Thornley on Youtube.
Hey guys, basically if I want to go to university outside the country I'm living in then I would need a scholarship as it is very expensive. In which program does a high grade give me a better chance at getting one, IB or A-levels?
Possible IB subject choice: Biology HL, Chemistry HL, Business and management HL
English Literature SL, Math SL, Arabic B SL
Possible A-level subject choice: Biology, Chemistry, Math, Business studies
IGCSE GRADES: Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Math: A*
ICT: A*
Arabic as a first language: A
English as a first language: B
Original post by iJoyce
I am an ex IB student, if you want to know my choice were:
-SL Math
- SL Biology
- SL History
- HL English B
- HL ITGS
- HL Spanish
- CAS, TOK and EE.

I can be pretty helpful with these subjects and other more, hints, materials, etc...Seriously just ask me :smile:

Hey! I wanted to know something about CAS. I want to do a few of my CAS hours from home, what do I need to do? Do I need a CAS Supervisor from school, and what evidence to I give to IBO? Can I make my guardian, who is also a teacher but not at my school, my CAS supervisor?
Hey,I am in Math studies and I really need an IA topic which is not too simple.I have changed my topic so many times it's honestly frustrating me.Please do help me.
Hello I am a math studies student and I really need an IA topic which is not to simple urgently, I have changed my topic so many times because I was unable to get the required information can you please help me out?
Thanks a ton
Original post by iJoyce
I am an ex IB student, if you want to know my choice were:
-SL Math
- SL Biology
- SL History
- HL English B
- HL ITGS
- HL Spanish
- CAS, TOK and EE.

I can be pretty helpful with these subjects and other more, hints, materials, etc...Seriously just ask me :smile:

Hiya, I'm a new IB student, I did quite well with IGCSE's at an A* for maths but i've finding maths standard quite hard as idk what to revise for what actually are the topics. i did buy the text book but not finding it useful.how do you revise for maths and where do you find the recent past papers?as we only have 3 lessons a week the teacher(firstly isnt very good)is rushing through and im not being able to find which topics to learn for the final exams Hope u can help
Original post by j132
I'm an ex-IB student too and am happy to help!

HLs:
Maths - 7
Chemistry - 7
Economics - 6

SLs:
Eng Lit - 6
French B - 7
Music - 7

I didn't do psychology but a lot of my friends did and found it quite hard, but was probably because their teacher left halfway through the course...

I would love to do Economics HL, but my school don't offer it
I started my IB Diploma course in August and I'm doing HL: Biology, English B: Language and Portuguese A: Language and Literature; and in SL I'm doing: Economics, Mathematics and German B.
Do u think that would be hard to have good grade on my Diploma?
Hi wondering if anybody can advise. I am in the process of deciding between IB and A level. I think uni wise I want to do a STEM subject - so physics/engineering. If I do A levels I would do Maths, Chem, Physics plus one other (out of Further Maths, Biology or Classic Civilisation (just because I find this so interesting). If I do IB I would do HL in Maths, Physics and Chem and do SL in English & Performance, Global Politics and Latin.

I am not sure what route is best. IB allows me to also keep doing some topics that I find interesting even though I know I dont want to study them further. Is it true that most science focused students choose A levels over IB.

Would welcome any advice especially if anybody has gone on to do science/engineering at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending