The Student Room Group

Secondary Amenorrhea (missing periods)

This may seem weird to post but I am after some guidance and possibly some reassurance. I haven't had a period for almost 6 months and used to be regular . I have been to my doctor and I have got to go for some blood tests and an ultrasound to see if they can find anything that is wrong. My doctor gave multiple different possibilities that it could be and it kinda scared me. The idea of having PCOS or whatever isn't a nice idea...
Wouldn't it make more sense that I haven't had a period because of having an unhealthy relationship with food and having numerous nutrition deficiencies? And also being prone to anxiety and getting extremely stressed (especially through family issues and the exam time)? I'm trying to eat better now and have been for a couple of month. I'm eating whole foods, fresh fruit and veg, plenty of protein and ive also been recommended to eat products with healthy fats like salmon and that.
Please if anyone has any knowledge of amenorrhea or have experienced it I would really appreciate some advice. Thank you!!!
Hi, I literally posted exactly the same a few hours ago, I didn't even see your post.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2741426

I don't know what to do either, I've been tested for PCOS twice and I haven't got it...

I'm really worried too:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending