The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

I cant wait! The whole fortnight looks fantastic; i hope to god i manage to get a freshers pass or i'll wind up spending sooooo much money:p:
Bit overwhelming at the moment though.....looks like there's so much to do!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
what does the fresher's pass do exactly? like how much is it and how much does it save you?
Reply 22
or not
Reply 23
Is there any lectures on the first week?
Dude, 2 years old, dude.

Dude.

And yes, there are.
Reply 25
Just so people don't ask, here's this year's list: http://www.warwicksu.com/ents/eventlist/
Reply 26
wait, this is really confusing me.

Is it like instant FAIL to arrive on the Sunday? I just thought I would be missing out on one day of stuff, this topic is confusing!
Eldop
wait, this is really confusing me.

Is it like instant FAIL to arrive on the Sunday? I just thought I would be missing out on one day of stuff, this topic is confusing!

the only thing you're going to be missing out coming on the sunday is one day of unpacking.
it isn't going to make any difference to you coming on the sunday. half of you are doing it anyways.
this may sound a stupid question, but am i going to need to bring a suit/tux for the freshers ball??
Reply 29
The Grapevine
this may sound a stupid question, but am i going to need to bring a suit/tux for the freshers ball??

No. Apparently jeans, shirt etc. are fine.
Reply 30
The Grapevine

Depends on your preferred raving style for Pendulum really. I wouldn't advise it, and you will stand out. The Freshers' Ball really is just a glorified Union night, it's the same at most unis as far as I can tell.
Reply 31
When do we get a NUS card?

Fresher's T-shirt, how do we get that? Forgive my igorance :tongue:
Reply 32
You get your NUS card the day you arrive in the Panorama Room (or on the Sunday if the queue is big, it doesn't really matter), which is 2 flights of stairs up in Rootes Social Building.

Freshers T-Shirts are being sold in Tempo this year I think, which is within the main SU building.
Reply 33
Quinion
Depends on your preferred raving style for Pendulum really. I wouldn't advise it, and you will stand out. The Freshers' Ball really is just a glorified Union night, it's the same at most unis as far as I can tell.

By this, do you mean that t-shirt and jeans is more appropriate? Or would you still recommend smart trousers and a shirt. I'm pretty unsure as far as the freshers' ball is concerned.
Reply 34
I'd go for a decent shirt and smart jeans / shoes personally. That or something that in your mind consititutes "semi-formal." Personally I think that, given they play the Union so regularly anyway, Pendulum for the freshers' ball is a slightly odd choice as there inevitably will be a limited but noticable number of people that go in suits or ball gowns.
I read that they weren't doing Freshers passes this year... on an email Warwick SU sent, has someone heard something different?
I though there was an M-Z party..

I've got my Freshers Tee so i'm going today though! But i can't see it being that good :P

Much more looking forward to the proper events :smile:

Own up though, who stole more than 2 of the free dominoes vouchers..?
Reply 37
Whiternoise
I though there was an M-Z party..

I've got my Freshers Tee so i'm going today though! But i can't see it being that good :P

Much more looking forward to the proper events :smile:

Own up though, who stole more than 2 of the free dominoes vouchers..?

ok you caught me, i got more of those vouchers. The 2nd welcome party was average i think, werent really up for it though.
Reply 38
Got about 5 vouchers. Apparently they dont work in Leam tho. Which is lame.

I guess Dominos is making an aggressive bid for the campus takeaway pizza market.

Latest