The Student Room Group

The Bus Lane Luddites..

Do you know what a bus lane is?

Plenty of drivers dont. Have you ever noticed those wiggly waggly blue signs beside them? They usually have some times on them typically 0700-1000 and 0400pm=06.30pm or similar.

Do you know what that means?

Well in case you dont, it means that outside those times, it isnt exclusively a bus lane and so you can drive in it.

It also means that during those times, if you drive in it ,you shouldnt and you will most likely get a fine in the post having been filmed by some sneaky camera.

I drive all day during work and i do make full use of the road. This includes using bus lanes where permitted. I see countless stumours queued up in the lane to my right as i glide by in my free bus lane. I even drive right to the front of traffic queues in my bus lane. The guy in front and to my right, usually has a bad attitude and gives me a look of disdain,roaring off lest i get in front of him.

By the way, im not a bus driver.

So drivers of Britain ,will you pay attention FFS.
PS this also applies to time limited cycle lanes.
Who are you talking to?
Reply 2
STFU! let the idiots que. I'm quite happy to zoom on by in what is effectively my own private lane with idiots honking their horns at you because they've not got the brains to read a sign!
You'd think that if the authorities were serious about tackling congestion they'd have a matrix sign pointing out that the buslane was currently open to all traffic tbh... wouldn't be any more expensive than the ones that helpfully tell me when I'm driving at 33mph
Reply 4
Original post by mphysical
Who are you talking to?

lol, certainly not talking to those who drive round Ferrari's who don't give two ****s
(edited 9 years ago)
Apart from the condecending tone I actually liked your post, thought it was informative and a nice little reminder....

'Wiggly waggly blue lines' :rofl:

Also I agree with JC, he put it quite nicely imo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JC.
STFU! let the idiots que. I'm quite happy to zoom on by in what is effectively my own private lane with idiots honking their horns at you because they've not got the brains to read a sign!

Conformity is such a funny thing, if you look in your rear view mirror you'll notice people following, then changing their mind, ha.

Love it.
Reply 7
Original post by IntriguedUser
Conformity is such a funny thing, if you look in your rear view mirror you'll notice people following, then changing their mind, ha.

Love it.

I once had some dickhead pull into the bus lane and just stop there so I couldn't make progress.
I got out and tap on the guys window to have a row, copper comes up behind and gets out and walks over.
I said to the copper something along the line of "the bus lane is open from 6:00 and it's half past now and then I told him what the dickhead had done" Copper just said "fair enough, I'll book him then, get back in your car please sir".

Copper read him the riot act and told him to drive on and pull in to a layby. I made a point of pulling along side the guy when he pulled up in the layby and gesticulating towards him that he was a tosser and went on my merry way. :biggrin:
Reply 8
The problem is that when the bus lane is not in use, you can also often park/stop/load there.

You've also got the fact that buses will still use it (and regularly block it), plus cyclists.

In London especially, I usually don't bother with the bus lanes for those reason as 9 times out of 10 you'll just end up being blocked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending