chippedcups
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi so I was looking at the grade boundaries for N5 subjects today and they were all around the 70% mark for an A, except History which was 64%.

I personally found the exam quite easy (not exceptionally difficult) so I was wondering what you guys thought and why it was so low a percentage. It's very uncommon for it to be that low from what I've previously seen.

I hope your exams went well <3
Dralcon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought it was ridiculously easy and so did the other people in my class. For some of the questions they pretty much told you the answer.
BreezeBlockss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I found the exam so easy too and ended up with an A. All the questions that came up were perfect and none of the things I didn't like come up in the final exam. Maybe it depended on the topics that people done. Also one of the questions for me was so similar to one in the 'How to Pass' book it was basically the exact same?
Inspired1178
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chippedcups)
Hi so I was looking at the grade boundaries for N5 subjects today and they were all around the 70% mark for an A, except History which was 64%.

I personally found the exam quite easy (not exceptionally difficult) so I was wondering what you guys thought and why it was so low a percentage. It's very uncommon for it to be that low from what I've previously seen.

I hope your exams went well <3
Hello, where did you find the specific grade boundaries? I can't seem to find them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
chippedcups
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Inspired1178)
Hello, where did you find the specific grade boundaries? I can't seem to find them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the bottom of this page The excel one.

Then there's a tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet with N5 ones. You need to convert them to percentages though.
Inspired1178
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chippedcups)
At the bottom of this page The excel one.

Then there's a tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet with N5 ones. You need to convert them to percentages though.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bandarg124
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
History exam was out of 80 marks. The 64 is the number of marks needed not the percentage.
greenladybird
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bandarg124)
History exam was out of 80 marks. The 64 is the number of marks needed not the percentage.
Though you are correct,I think you're looking at the 'Upper band A' marks, which is 64. However, just for an 'A' it is 51, which is 63.75% so 64% is right
Fallenhail
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hoping to do n5 history next year :eek: I'm shocked! Our teachers make out to us that all national 5 qualifications are really hard
chippedcups
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Fallenhail)
Hoping to do n5 history next year :eek: I'm shocked! Our teachers make out to us that all national 5 qualifications are really hard
Believe me, N5's are pretty hard but for me History was one of my easiest. There is a lot of course content to learn and you must must must practice the types of source questions all the time. Also work hard on your extended essay which you will sit in exam conditions because it does count towards your final grade (I believe about 20%). If you do all of these things, you are quite likely to get a good mark as those who studied a lot did get As. I really enjoyed the course though and I'm now doing Higher

If you need any help with your history, feel free to leave me a message. Or regarding other subjects if I've done them Can't say I'm amazing at maths though!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads