The Student Room Group

MSc Physiotherapy Northumbria

Hey,

Who else has been accepted onto the MSc Physio course at Northumbria which starts in March 2015?

:biggrin:
Reply 1
Hi, Im starting the msc course in March 2016: just wondering when you received details of the course (start date/structure/term dates etc) after accepting your offer? Also do you have a rough idea of term dates (is there still standard uni holidays or do placements happen over summer?)
Original post by Lmc9854
Hi, Im starting the msc course in March 2016: just wondering when you received details of the course (start date/structure/term dates etc) after accepting your offer? Also do you have a rough idea of term dates (is there still standard uni holidays or do placements happen over summer?)

Hey,
We all got the details pretty late.. I can't remember fully.. But in Jan time you will go up for a day to meet class and teachers etc..

Start date is in March, can't remember what date, and we get 6 ish weeks off over summer, 3 ish weeks off over xmas, and in your second year an extra few weeks off over easter.
Reply 3
Original post by LukeStevens93
Hey,
We all got the details pretty late.. I can't remember fully.. But in Jan time you will go up for a day to meet class and teachers etc..

Start date is in March, can't remember what date, and we get 6 ish weeks off over summer, 3 ish weeks off over xmas, and in your second year an extra few weeks off over easter.

Thank you very much!
Hello, I'm starting in March 16 too! Are you in university full time or just 2/3 days a week? I got the dates from the admissions team and they said you only get 3 weeks off in summer from 5/8 to 29/8?
Original post by charmer239
Hello, I'm starting in March 16 too! Are you in university full time or just 2/3 days a week? I got the dates from the admissions team and they said you only get 3 weeks off in summer from 5/8 to 29/8?

Hey,
It can get pretty mixed up.. Average about 2-3 days.. Somtimes much more.. Some times less. ☺️ I don't know if anything has changed time table wise for your intake mind. We had 6 weeks summer, 3 weeks Christmas. And this year, we will have 5 weeks from march 4th-April 11th. Then i think 7 weeks at summer time.. ☺️
Add me on facebook if you like, Luke Stevens.. If you can find me that is.. Should see it says goes to Northumbria, studying MSc physio, etc :smile:
Hello guys,

I am applying for the MSc commencing 2017.

I was hoping you could give me some insight into the interview process? I have attended some that have been panel based. I imagine it is this type of interview. If so, was there a particular emphasis on research? Or do they explore typical reasons for applying and dealing with pressure etc...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Liam
Original post by hopefulphysio
Hello guys,

I am applying for the MSc commencing 2017.

I was hoping you could give me some insight into the interview process? I have attended some that have been panel based. I imagine it is this type of interview. If so, was there a particular emphasis on research? Or do they explore typical reasons for applying and dealing with pressure etc...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Liam

Hey Pal,

When i was interviewed, it began with everyone together on a lecture hall where they spoke about the uni, the course a bit of a tour. Then it was individual interviews with 2-3 lecturers. Mine wasnt very research based, spoke a bit about my dissertation but dont dwell on it. Main focus is your pssion for phyiso, your exeperiences. Be fun smiley and have a bit of a laugh with them to lighten the mood. They like the enthusiasm. They will probably give you some scenarios.. Easy stuff though they just want to see your thinking process as MSc is different way of learning to BSc. Keep it simple and basics. Straight up logical thinking. :smile: good luck!
Hey Luke,

Thanks.

Are you on the course now? How is it up there?
Original post by hopefulphysio
Hey Luke,

Thanks.

Are you on the course now? How is it up there?

No worries. Yeah im a second year. Its really good. Newcastle is a class city and im really enjoying the course! Cant wait to finish mind! 😁
Original post by LukeStevens93
Hey Pal,

When i was interviewed, it began with everyone together on a lecture hall where they spoke about the uni, the course a bit of a tour. Then it was individual interviews with 2-3 lecturers. Mine wasnt very research based, spoke a bit about my dissertation but dont dwell on it. Main focus is your pssion for phyiso, your exeperiences. Be fun smiley and have a bit of a laugh with them to lighten the mood. They like the enthusiasm. They will probably give you some scenarios.. Easy stuff though they just want to see your thinking process as MSc is different way of learning to BSc. Keep it simple and basics. Straight up logical thinking. :smile: good luck!

did you have an essay to write too?

Quick Reply

Latest