The Student Room Group

Manchester Met - Not answering call

As soon as I ring, their machine says 'busy', I'm not even sure I'm on hold because there isn't any music playing and a timer is shown on my phone. Does this mean I'm on hold with them or should I just cut off?
Original post by Magenta96
As soon as I ring, their machine says 'busy', I'm not even sure I'm on hold because there isn't any music playing and a timer is shown on my phone. Does this mean I'm on hold with them or should I just cut off?

I haven't rung them so I can't be sure, but I'd try and stay on hold. The universities are extremely busy today so you should be in a queue - every time you call back you'll be pushed to the back of the queue.

Hope things go your way today - it'll all work out in the end. :smile:

I rang man met and got the same response. I rang again and was put through to a machine telling me which place i was in the queue. Unless you hear the music and a regular message telling you what waiting position you're in, I don't think you're officially in the queue. Try ringing again and again and again and.. (that's what i did anyway and on the second attempt was put in the queue hhaha. Good Luck!!!
Reply 3
Original post by Blackacre
I haven't rung them so I can't be sure, but I'd try and stay on hold. The universities are extremely busy today so you should be in a queue - every time you call back you'll be pushed to the back of the queue.

Hope things go your way today - it'll all work out in the end. :smile:

Thank you! The annoying thing is that I'm not even getting an option to stay on hold, I just get cut off after a minute on both the telephone and mobile.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you! The annoying is that I'm not even getting an option to stay on hold, I just get cut off after a minute on both the telephone and mobile.

Hm, maybe call back later then and see what happens. Not hearing anything sounds a bit unusual. :erm:
Reply 5
Original post by dreamitout
I rang man met and got the same response. I rang again and was put through to a machine telling me which place i was in the queue. Unless you hear the music and a regular message telling you what waiting position you're in, I don't think you're officially in the queue. Try ringing again and again and again and.. (that's what i did anyway and on the second attempt was put in the queue hhaha. Good Luck!!!

Thank you, I will do exactly that! :smile:
You can only hold on and wait. As you can see from the traffic on TSR, there are thousands of people trying to do the same thing, but you will get through eventually.
All clearing lines are rammed, ours no exception, i can only suggest you keep trying with a big mug of tea and biscuits on hand to tide you over. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 8
Thanks guys, I'll just wait :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending