The Student Room Group

Law at uni?

For Law, which course do I choose at oxford? The 3 or 4 years course? I cannot establish as to which one is better. Also, out of interest, what happens after I graduate? I'm sorry I seem so blunt. I mainly want to apply for medicine. But law was always my 2nd choice. It seems however that law is much easier for me to get into in contrast to medicine. So i just wanted to know. What happens after a law degree? Do i complete further studies? Where do i get a job? What kind of jobs? Salary as a beginner and salary as a practised professional? Thank you.
If you are seriously asking these questions and looking to go into law, I would be very concerned. Try doing some research. A little research goes a long way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The 3 year course will be the same as 4 year however the 4 year course will probably have a year abroad.
In order to become a barrister you need a qualifying law degree which will study the 7 main subjects - some degrees make these compulsory whilst others allow you to choose which subjects.
Once you have a law degree there is extra training ect. you need a pupillage ect.
Its not as simple as you may think and is also very expensive after uni also. It may be 'easy' to get onto a law degree course but once you have it its very difficult to carry on.

If you want to become a barrister in the end you will either be employed (for the crown prosecution) or self employed in a chamber which is run by a clerk and has several barristers there working in the same area.
Salary differ when self employed but remember if you lose a case you don't get payed for it at all! As an employed barrister you can get up to £1oooo a year.
Reply 3
Original post by mbs_786
If you are seriously asking these questions and looking to go into law, I would be very concerned. Try doing some research. A little research goes a long way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am concerned. I'm bored by the sound of "law". I have no interest in it whatsoever. I have no knowledge of it whatsoever. I did my research. I hate it even more. Perhaps I should cling on to medicine. On a sidenote, your reply was unnecessary and useless. I would not have asked had I not needed 'help'. Thanks for your "help" nevertheless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending